Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Popup Image Question/Problem

Hello everyone,

Looking and appreciating any assistance here...

I have successfully created the normal type of popup layers before, i.e. click an image or text and another textbox/image appears, and click to close. BUT, I am trying what I thought would be easier but doesn't seem to be, and I think I'm missing something.
    I am trying to do an information flyer that pops up on the home page when someone visits the site, and when they click on it, or on a small x, it closes...goes away.

The image is a jpeg > enter site and it fades in or pops up instantly whichever > the site visitor can read it > then click to close it....

Is this possible to create and if so, please tell me what to do. Four cups of coffee later, less hair on my head, and still no success!!

By the way just a bit more information. I searched on here and found a lot of popup questions and resolutions but nothing exactly like my issue. I also know how to create the image using animations to make it appear on the page, whether instant or fade in, bounce in, run in haha etc...I just can't figure out how to add the word "close" or an X to make it go away!

I am using the newest Designer Pro X.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Tazz

Default Re: Popup Image Question/Problem

Tazz - I have moved this to the Web Design Chat forum.

Oh sorry, I thought I had the correct place. Thank you.

I think you will need a script to make this layer appear on page load. Check back. This is usually something Egg, or Acorn or Siran can help with.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think you will need a script to make this layer appear on page load. Check back. This is usually something Egg, or Acorn or Siran can help with.
    Awesome thank you. It's probably something so simple to them, but such huge frustration to me lol

In the meantime try doing a Google search for something like this, script to open pop up layer site:talkgraphics.com

This is a more effective way of finding solutions than the pathetic search function we have on TG. starting with the search criteria then adding site: and the domain name is a very effective way of finding site specific content for any website.

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This is an example for a script. The blue rectangle at the bottom has a link to the pop-up layer. It also has a script (at the placeholder body code) that simulates a click on itself and then deletes itself.
    The script itself is not that easy to understand but it worked fine on IE11, FireFox, Chrome and Opera.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for this Siran,

The script itself is not that easy to understand
    You can say that again! However added to my "All Goodie Scripts" xar folder.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In my design file of earlier, I deleted the Exploration and Discovery buttons and layers and then move the Banner button off-page.
    Finally, I added some proper text and shapes to the Banner layer and set the Banner button to not close the pop-up.

After all these changes and simplifications, does my design match siran's in function?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat