Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Wiped computer - how do I download my Xara software again?

I have a wiped computer - so how do I download my Xara software again?

I've done it before and I'm sure that once I hit upon how to redownload my purchased software I'll be okay, but, this time, I'll be darned if I can find the cunning link!

Pretty please - how do I re-download my software?

Default Re: Wiped computer - how do I download my Xara software again?

Brian, open http://www.xara.com/ and click on the Downloads button. Then select the software you bought.
    If what you see is a later version, scroll to the bottom of the page for earlier ones.

Download and install.
    Find your purchase email with the email address you bought the package with.
    In that email you should have the licence number.
    Failing that, log into http://www.xara.com/uk/servicecenter/ with the credentials you remember and in the Service Centre > My Products find your licence number.
    Register with your purchase email and licence number.

If none of the above, email Xara with your remembered email and purchase date.
    Contact Xara anyway as you have used one of your two activations and you need to release your trashed one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ah, the service centre did the trick!

Having wiped (actually, reset Windows) this computer, I've had so much on my mind that I couldn't remember about that!

Thank you!

(Where's that GoldStar/VirtualBeer button? )

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    Ah, the service centre did the trick!

Having wiped (actually, reset Windows) this computer, I've had so much on my mind that I couldn't remember about that!

Thank you!

(Where's that GoldStar/VirtualBeer button? )
    Good to hear.
    Don't forget about the wasted activation - you will probably need it later on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Good to hear.
    Don't forget about the wasted activation - you will probably need it later on.

Acorn
    Thanks for the prompt, but, actually, I used the same computer name again on the wiped machine and, because I have the same HD confguration etc, it appears on my Xara account as just a single activation.

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    Thanks for the prompt, but, actually, I used the same computer name again on the wiped machine and, because I have the same HD confguration etc, it appears on my Xara account as just a single activation.
    Useful to know that,
    Acorn

think you also need to reinstall the same version of windows eg: ver 10 Pro 64bit... basically the same as restoring from a third party image eg: acronis