Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Best way to paste a screenshot on a photo of a phone

What's the best way to take a Xara mockup for a phone app, which can be exported to a png and paste that on a photo of a phone.

For example, here's a nice photo of a phone, from Unsplash:https://unsplash.com/photos/15q2ZCDbQFU

I then want to show this image https://i.imgur.com/mSiAVlp.png on that phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mSiAVlp.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	118969

I have tried using the perspective tool, but that ends up making my image look like it is an old 8 bit game - all the lines are jaggered.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Default Re: Best way to paste a screenshot on a photo of a phone

Yes the perspective tool can make a real dogs dinner out of a bitmap. The trick is to use high quality images from the outset.

I apologise re the audio. I promise to buy new headsets!

Basically having realigned the imposed image, create a png + alpha but at a high dpi, not just 96dpi

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    Thanks so much for your help !
    The trick is to convert and export the image to a bitmap - that makes it much better.

PS: You do need a new headset!

On the iPhone you hold down the Home button and the on/off button and it takes a screen shot. Not sure if this is what you are asking. I am sure that Android must have a similar procedure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	118974  

Thanks photo clipping.

I bought a new headset (very cheap) so I've redone the video. Audio still not excellent but I'll work on it, however it's better than the original video

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The audio is much better, Egg, albeit a bit 'tinny'.

Totally agree Boy and thanks for the update, I purchased a set of dirt cheap headsets, I'll see if I can improve the quality of the audio as I create new videos.Not my expertise
    Egg