Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Best way to paste a screenshot on a photo of a phone

What's the best way to take a Xara mockup for a phone app, which can be exported to a png and paste that on a photo of a phone.

For example, here's a nice photo of a phone, from Unsplash:https://unsplash.com/photos/15q2ZCDbQFU

I then want to show this image https://i.imgur.com/mSiAVlp.png on that phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mSiAVlp.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	118969

I have tried using the perspective tool, but that ends up making my image look like it is an old 8 bit game - all the lines are jaggered.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Default Re: Best way to paste a screenshot on a photo of a phone

Yes the perspective tool can make a real dogs dinner out of a bitmap. The trick is to use high quality images from the outset.

I apologise re the audio. I promise to buy new headsets!

Basically having realigned the imposed image, create a png + alpha but at a high dpi, not just 96dpi

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    Thanks so much for your help !
    The trick is to convert and export the image to a bitmap - that makes it much better.

PS: You do need a new headset!

On the iPhone you hold down the Home button and the on/off button and it takes a screen shot. Not sure if this is what you are asking. I am sure that Android must have a similar procedure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	118974  

Thanks photo clipping.

I bought a new headset (very cheap) so I've redone the video. Audio still not excellent but I'll work on it, however it's better than the original video

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The audio is much better, Egg, albeit a bit 'tinny'.

Totally agree Boy and thanks for the update, I purchased a set of dirt cheap headsets, I'll see if I can improve the quality of the audio as I create new videos.Not my expertise
    Egg