Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Smile Embedding a YouTube Video

Good Monday Afternoon All,

Here is my problem now. I went to YouTube see (Getting Started With RPR) to find a video to embed on our real estate educational website. RPR represents "Realtors Property Resources". My problem is, I only want the original video to play and not refer to anything else. There are other videos shown after the original video plays. I don't want that. As soon as original video ends I want it to stop, but be ready for replay. Is this possible and if so, what is the process? B\

By the way, I am using Xara WD 365 Premium and all I had to do to actually get the video onto my webpage was, place a "placeholder" on my webpage, go to YouTube, find the video, and left click the video for copy. I then returned to my website page and pasted the code onto the placeholder and there was the video. I did not think it would be this easy. Thank you so much for any assistance. You all are wonderful.

bob

Default Re: Embedding a YouTube Video

Hi Bob

I believe that to stop the autoplay feature you just need to add the code: ?rel=0 at the end of the video URL

So for example the existing code may look like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY"
    frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

To:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY?rel=0"
    frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Also this answer provided by Egg may be helpful: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...hlight=youtube

Hope this helps!

Hello and thank you for your quick response. Adding ?rel=0&hd-1 does not immediately end the video. Other videos show up in the same spot after the original video ends. Anyone with the time please visit youtube and check out: "Getting Started With RPR" which is (Realtors Property Resource) Thanks again.

bob

Bob,

Nobbyy's right.

Try:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7VesokNNpQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    There's no suggested videos at the end

EDIT:

You have &hd-1 try &hd=1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is what I believe is the complete code for the video I want to place on our website. As you will note, when the video completes the recording other videos show up. Is there a way to prevent that from happening. Once a visitor clicks on one of these other videos it takes that person away from our website making it almost impossible to return. I would appreciate any help I can get to overcome this problem. I just want the original video to play, then stop until the site visitor clicks the arrow again. Thanks much and sorry I did not put the info below in my other posts.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good evening again all, here is the code with ?rel=0&hd=1
    However, I get the same results. As you can see, once the original video completes its run, 6 other videos are available for our website visitors to click on. This will take them off of our website without any means of returning. This is the problem I mentioned and the ?rel=0&hd=1 does not seem to help at all. Again, thank you all for any help I can get. Thank you so much.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>?rel=0&hd=1

bob