Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Embedding a YouTube Video

Good Monday Afternoon All,

Here is my problem now. I went to YouTube see (Getting Started With RPR) to find a video to embed on our real estate educational website. RPR represents "Realtors Property Resources". My problem is, I only want the original video to play and not refer to anything else. There are other videos shown after the original video plays. I don't want that. As soon as original video ends I want it to stop, but be ready for replay. Is this possible and if so, what is the process? B\

By the way, I am using Xara WD 365 Premium and all I had to do to actually get the video onto my webpage was, place a "placeholder" on my webpage, go to YouTube, find the video, and left click the video for copy. I then returned to my website page and pasted the code onto the placeholder and there was the video. I did not think it would be this easy. Thank you so much for any assistance. You all are wonderful.

bob

Default Re: Embedding a YouTube Video

Hi Bob

I believe that to stop the autoplay feature you just need to add the code: ?rel=0 at the end of the video URL

So for example the existing code may look like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY"
    frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

To:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY?rel=0"
    frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Also this answer provided by Egg may be helpful: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...hlight=youtube

Hope this helps!

Hello and thank you for your quick response. Adding ?rel=0&hd-1 does not immediately end the video. Other videos show up in the same spot after the original video ends. Anyone with the time please visit youtube and check out: "Getting Started With RPR" which is (Realtors Property Resource) Thanks again.

bob

Bob,

Nobbyy's right.

Try:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7VesokNNpQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    There's no suggested videos at the end

EDIT:

You have &hd-1 try &hd=1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is what I believe is the complete code for the video I want to place on our website. As you will note, when the video completes the recording other videos show up. Is there a way to prevent that from happening. Once a visitor clicks on one of these other videos it takes that person away from our website making it almost impossible to return. I would appreciate any help I can get to overcome this problem. I just want the original video to play, then stop until the site visitor clicks the arrow again. Thanks much and sorry I did not put the info below in my other posts.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good evening again all, here is the code with ?rel=0&hd=1
    However, I get the same results. As you can see, once the original video completes its run, 6 other videos are available for our website visitors to click on. This will take them off of our website without any means of returning. This is the problem I mentioned and the ?rel=0&hd=1 does not seem to help at all. Again, thank you all for any help I can get. Thank you so much.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>?rel=0&hd=1

bob

I could be wrong, but, I don't think Google/Youtube would want to do anything that would prevent this. The whole point of their existence is to get people to their sites. Any time you use their content ( or anybody else's for that matter ) there is bound to be a link to the other party's website. "No such thing as free lunch" comes to mind.

but I did find this, so looks like you can do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxb6UUnJds

Hi Bob, you've got the ?rel=0&hd=1 parameters outside the iframe code. Try this, it works.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,

My experience with embedding YouTube videos - I go to the share settings on the video it self to select the embed options. One of the options is to check to not show suggested videos when the current video ends.

Good morning Nobbyy, DoodleBerry, Egg Bramhill, I am sorry it took me to now to respond to all of the excellent advice you all offered. However,
    most of you know I am not tech inclined, but learning. The code below is the YouTube Video I am interested in.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTdWpqcwf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, even when i've added ?rel=0&hd=1 it does not seem to make a difference. Could it be do to what DoodleBerry mentioned? These advertising folk want visitors to their videos to go to other videos they advertise? I chose this particular video because I want one that was 2 minutes or less, so that our website could give some other factors, but we are a school and want to teach others about this application.
    I more than appreciate each of you reaching out to help. That is what makes this forum so awesome and kind natured.

bob