I will set units to "pixels" at the top or main level of a *.xar file, but then when I click into a group to edit a shape or whatever, the units will always revert to "centimeters" or something else.

This must be a glitch, as I feel the main document's settings should, by default, cascade to sub layers or whatever they're called.

Because this is used so often by me (graphics often must be precisely sized to the "pixel" unit to fit properly in social media divs & website boxes, or when designing vinyl decals, it's important to fit within the "inch" parameters of a surface on a machine or product), I went so far as to ask my company's IT dept to purchase the latest $300+ Designer program, thinking a newer release would fix this. It did not. That was a waste. So I'm stuck constantly clicking into groups (like the different decal groups on what will be a whole-machine vinyl plot), and having to into the Units settings each time to update them.

I would assume this was an issue with my machine, but it's been the same across 3 different machines, and 2 different versions of Windows OS.

Can someone fix this, or tell me how to make settings cascade from main (parent) document level to all sub (child) groups?