Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My Subscription Was Up Almost Two Months Ago

This is what I was about to post....

Well, my year has passed almost two months ago, but something is holding me back from the big $179 subscription fee...

Have done about 3 jobs without the so-called 'extras' and guess what... the sun is rising every morn... and I don't seem to miss them at all....

As it turned out.... I don't need, haven't needed the Content Catalog at all... most of it is easily available in ohhhhh.... 10,000 other places... anyway....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to interrupt the above post to jump into Xara for a sec. Got a call someone I did a little job for and...

? Something made me click on the 'Insert' From Content Catalog... which I knew was dead. But when I did I was redirected to this....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	118978
    Just a short while ago it was $179... now $107... I think, I'm pissed off. Or... insulted... or offended.... I feeling like.... well.... this....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time I went into the tire store for a price on four tires for the car.

"that'll cost $850 for 4 tires".... he said. ------- I said, "no thanks as I turned to walk out.
    "wait" he said. "I can let you have them for $700". ---------- I said "why didn't you tell me that first?" as I kept walking.
    "wait" he said. "I can let you have for $600". ------------ I said "x#!@(*&%^#$@# YOU!"

Xara, why didn't you tell me that first? Even with the drop to $107 I'm not jumping so quick, you might come down even lower like you friends in the tire store.

That is, unless someone can show me where my thinking and feelings are.... not right.

Cliff

BTW.... If I was one of you that recently paid $179 for your subscription/update service.... I would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo......
    Last edited by cmpan1; 14 October 2017 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: My Subscription Was Up Almost Two Months Ago

Thank you for posting this!

Well, I’m livid as well! I renewed my XDP 365 update service in July, having had to pay the ‘special’ before-expiry price of € 119. I and many others vehemently objected to this unfair and unreasonable price increase because it invalidated Xara’s assurances from a year earlier that the amount would be similar to the previous yearly upgrade fee of € 89. We never received any satisfactory explanation, let alone an apology.

And now, a few months later, we have a ‘special offer’ with a price that is finally similar to the one that was promised to us a year ago: € 95 (the exchange value of $ 107 is actually less than € 91 but I’ll let that pass for now).

So, I kindly request Xara to credit me for € 24, to be used by me when I renew my update service next July (provided of course that the fee is similar to the current fee and Xara manages to provide us with continuous and significant updates during the coming year).

Last thoughts on the subject for me - because I'm well aware how badly beaten this horse has been on the forums and I can see the eyes rolling high into the foreheads of many.... and don't want revive it actually.
    It's just that I'm so dam sick of (many of the) marketing tactics from companies... with all the "pre-something special" "earlybird price" "monthly special" "one-time only" and "on and on and on and on" bullsh_t—
    ESPECIALLY for existing customers. (I get it for the fishing of new customers) But I already bought your product....

If you ask and maintain a reasonable yearly upgrade price of something like $79 $89 $99 bucks a year for dev...., I can happily live with that... but for God's sake, stop pickin' and 'pokin' at my wallet and my mind.
    This month it $179, another month it's $119, another time it's $107. GEEZ that annoys the crap out of me no end!!!!! I already bought you dam software... and many years ago at that!

Instead of spending all your marketing time trying figure out how to continue to bleed your 'existing' customer base, that time might be well-spent on harvesting new customers to add to your user base....

All done! Gotta run now - got to boot-up designer (the one without 'content catalog' - the one I did not upgrade) and do a little work. LOLOLOLOL

Cliff
    Last edited by cmpan1; 14 October 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo

My advice from a similar Thread; https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...179#post582179

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

'a massive 40% off' ...

what I don't need, I don't need...

Name:	2017-10-17 09_10_45-Xara Designer Pro X.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	119011

A massive 40% off for nothing very much at all. A desperate looking plead for business, I'd say.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    'a massive 40% off' ...

what I don't need, I don't need...

Name:	2017-10-17 09_10_45-Xara Designer Pro X.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	119011

I might have jumped at this IF, IF, IF, there had been at least ONE significant update during the year.

And to my point in my 2nd post above.... "Ends Oct. 18" - tomorrow. There's that BS pressure tactic that is just so old already.

Xara, with all due respect, why don't you have your pride just 'take one on the chin' and do a permanent yearly upgrade of ONE price that's a middle of the road for ALL users,
    and I can almost guarantee that you'll have a huge upgrade response from your users without all this chatter.

I'll pay you RIGHT NOW... $79 (maybe even $89) for an upgrade... even though this year has not been anything to cheer about... I'll still support your efforts because it IS a very useful tool.
    Go ahead, try me!

How many others would pay at least this amount.... I think it's fair. We ARE using Xara, aren't we. They DO needs funds to operate, don't they? I'll bite.... but not with the marketing games of 3 different price/pressure tactics.

-----------------

I guess that "wasn't the last word on this subject for me"