Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I have 3 Xara websites that will need a new web designer/manager, for I am retiring

My wife and I have had a graphic design, print and web company for 26 years, based in Toronto, Canada, and we have decided to retire. I manage three websites built using Xara Designer Pro X, and I'm seeking a web designer/administrator who would be interested in taking over the management and updating of these 3 websites. Two of the sites are for individuals who periodically need to make updates to their site. The third is for a performing artist who needs more frequent updates to promote upcoming concerts. All of my clients are very nice people to deal with, and I have found working with them to be most enjoyable. I would be happy to hear from any Xara designers who might like to take over these responsibilities. Obviously, it would help if you are based in or around Toronto, but that certainly is not a necessity. I can be reached at peter@veritygraphics.com, or by telephone at 416-351-7171. Thank you.

Peter Hobbs

Default Re: I have 3 Xara websites that will need a new web designer/manager, for I am retiri

Peter, no one is rushing into this unless it is all by PM.

If someone else is taking on such a task, you ought to provide some indication of the contract for each site and if the work is gratis.
    I would like to understand "frequent updates" for one.

I have looked around your testimonials and found one site which is co-designed with http://naomirae.com/ - that would lead to interesting discussions.

On the other hand, extending one's international portfolio might be just what someone is seeking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: I have 3 Xara websites that will need a new web designer/manager, for I am retiri

Hi Acorn,

Thanks for your response. Let me elaborate a bit more about the work.

I have no formal contract with any of my clients. At the very beginning, I sent them a letter outlining my hourly rate, gave them an estimate of the initial cost to prepare the website that they had requested, and quoted them costs for domain name registration and web hosting. No, the work is not gratis; my fee has been CDN $60 per hour.

I did not understand your initial comment: "Peter, no one is rushing into this unless it is all by PM." What did you mean by "PM"?

The site for www.shoshanatelner.com that shows a co-design in the footer is a website that I designed, but that has now been transferred to Naomi Ray to manage. She has been kind enough to leave my name on the site, since 90% of the design is still by Verity Graphics.

Please disregard the comment about "frequent updates". That actually relates to Shoshana Telner's site, above. None of the sites which are still in need of a manager have more than occasional need for updates, meaning that small changes may be requested perhaps once a month.

When transferring the responsibility for any of my websites, I simply added the name of the new designer to the admin information on the Dashboard of the hosting company. I then gave the new site manager the email from the hosting company that provided access to the website. the billing address for domain name and hosting for each account is in the name of the account holder, and not Verity Graphics. That makes the transition much easier.

I should simply conclude by saying that the three remaining websites are easy to manage and the clients are very nice to deal with.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or would be interested in assuming responsibility for these sites.

Many thanks

Peter Hobbs

Hi Peter, just a pointer, the links to your website & naomira.com on your footers are wrong
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host