Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Something similar to this in Xara web designer premium?

I'm giving my site a revamp and have seen this site link below which has a nice popping up block link. Has anyone noticed something similar in the vast array of elements that can be added to a site from the Online Content Catalogue?

The site I like the look of is https://www.nevillejohnson.co.uk/bespoke-furniture/

One particular part on the home page is the four page width rectangles that say STUDIES BEDROOMS LOUNGES LIBRARIES with background picture that pops up vertically when hovered over.

Another part is the slowly zooming and panning wide photo above.

If anyone who can see how to do this with xara web design that would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Something similar to this in Xara web designer premium?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Well first off, that is an amazing site. The video pull back is brilliant. For that you would need a good camera and a knowledge of video.

The pop-ups at the bottom could be accomplished very simply by creating two versions of the image, one down and one slightly popped up. Put the down image on the mouseoff layer and the popped up version on the mouseover layer. Link the images to the appropriate page.

I can't say that I'm a fan of the slow panning.
    Makes me feel queasy.
    Instead of reeling me in it makes me feel like I want to click away in a hurry !
    However, that's just me, others may not have that reaction.

Very slow on my end and makes me want to leave it quickly. Is that good? No.

I could be wrong, but is the video panning the 'Ken Burns' effect that is found in wow slider?

Here's my attempt at the slide up buttons.

DEMO

I'm also not enamored by the video background. It would have been better if video reversed instead of jumped to the start.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you very much to those above who have replied. Your info has been very useful and the .xar file useful too.

After viewing that site a few times I am tending to agree with those who find the zoom scroll a little distracting / disorientating.