Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Changing Print Layouts Landscape to Portrait

In the "page options" which is in the File Menu you have a "Custom Page Size" make that page size to your landscape ticket size. You can lock that page size so that every extra page will be the same size giving you the option of making each ticket different. You can also make your basic design a "Live Copy" which will make your life easier and stop this standing on your head/turning laptop. Here is a copy of part of the Help file: Live Copies give you a way of having multiple copies of an object that are linked together so that if one copy is changed they all change. However each Live Copy can be transformed independently, so for example you could have larger and smaller versions of the same Live Copy, or perhaps copies with different rotations.

Once you have all of your designs done start a new doc in A4 portrait put in your guides/grid. For tickets I use rectangle drawn in the guide layer and drag + right click with the mouse to duplicate till your sheet is full. With this done open your ticket design file and Ctrl+C each page design into your Guide/template doc. and do a quick rotation of -90 degrees. Doing this way only really stops you rotating your laptop. If your going to be doing a huge amount of these cards I would seriously think about using a DTP programme and if it is just changing text in each of the cards/tickets you could import a CVS file into the programme to a field where you want the text to change. Hope that helps your problem!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Oh wow, you're blowing my mind!

Thank you this sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I'll give a good whirl and report back.

Thanks a bunch.

Try messing about with this xar file. It uses Live Copies as Peter (Albacore) suggests.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yeah! Great demo Mr Egg.

My experience was very similar, and it saved me some work already. I created a system very much like your demo, and created the latest batch of flash cards for my wife. Then she tweaked the design... expecting a big sigh, instead she got "no problem", showed her how to apply the change to the template and instantly a a dozen pages of flash cards were updated. Fantastic!

I did mess one batch of flash cards up, for the various grades there is a different file for each. On the second or third file, I copied a page in, and then whenever I needed a new page I pasted in another page. The live copies were not linked. I found that after I copy a page with live copies on it, I need to copy that new page, before pasting in additional copies.

Very cool.
    Thanks again Fin, Albacore, and Egg
    Billy

Glad to hear you've got it sorted. I don't copy pages, I just select the page in the P&L Gallery and hit the duplicate button. This does copy the live copies across.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host