[bitmap attached to illustrate my issue]

I've been a Xara fan since pre Corel days. It's awesome. It's super quick. I love the vector capabilities. I love it's Text capabilities too.

However, sadly, it doesn't seem to be able to render non English fonts. (specifically, in my case, Indic/Indian)

Microsoft Word doesn't have this problem.

My usecase:
I use Google's Indic fonts. I can type in English, and Google docs automatically shows appropriate Indian fonts. I then simply copy/paste to Microsoft word, and select appropriate font, and the whole text shows correctly, as it should.

However, I do the same copy/paste in Xara Pro 11, and the fonts don't show correctly. Telugu and Hindi and other Indian languages have somewhat of a more complex letter structure than English... and as you can see from the attached picture, Xara doesn't render this correctly.

I am not sure if Xara 365 does this correctly. Anyone that has this problem?! I haven't contacted Xara support on this issue yet... this has been an issue for me for many years (I use Xara for personal work, but typically always upgrade... except that I haven't yet bought the upgrade to Xara 365)

I do remember, years ago, many versions ago, that I didn't have this problem!

Thanks for any insights!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-unicode-support-document.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	118933