Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adsense code placeholder problem

Hi,

Any ideas why adsense is not showing up?

I tried a couple of templates, drew a rectangle ( 728 x 90 ) set it as a placeholder, did the replace with html code, made sure it's on top of everything. Adsense code shows up in source code when uploaded to the site.
    But, the ad just won't show. Same ad code on a simple html page out of Dreamweaver works fine, so it doesn't seem to be a Google adsense problem.

I searched this forum and googled it. Seems like I am doing everything correctly, but no ad showing.

Here is the link, ad is supposed to show in that white space on top, between top menu and the big background image

http://www.deusx.com/work/

Thanks

Default Re: Adsense code placeholder problem

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBerry View Post
    Hi,

Any ideas why adsense is not showing up?

I tried a couple of templates, drew a rectangle ( 728 x 90 ) set it as a placeholder, did the replace with html code, made sure it's on top of everything. Adsense code shows up in source code when uploaded to the site.
    But, the ad just won't show. Same ad code on a simple html page out of Dreamweaver works fine, so it doesn't seem to be a Google adsense problem.

I searched this forum and googled it. Seems like I am doing everything correctly, but no ad showing.

Here is the link, ad is supposed to show in that white space on top, between top menu and the big background image

http://www.deusx.com/work/

Thanks
    I'm seeing:

Try pressing Ctrl+F5 in your browser.

"...no HTML skills required!" - perhaps.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry, I am not sure I understand. You see ads or you see that Xara software ad?

I tried refreshing, I tried Chrome, Firefox and IE. No ads in any of them. Chrome on phone and Samsung's browser also.

In Firefox debug or inspector ( whatever they call it ) , I see: uncaught exception: TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: No slot size for availableWidth=0

Thanks

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I notice also that you do not have a page title so when I click your link the browser tab for your page show index. In Web Properties > Page and in Web Properties > Website enter a page title that names and describes the site.

Also on each page of your site make sure you have a title for that page and a good description of what is on that page.

And after each change or entry press Apply to make sure this info gets added.

All the adsense in the world is not going to help much if you don't provide the search engines with specific information about your site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site info.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	118930  

Thanks.

If ads don't work there is no point in finishing the site and adding all those details. I will just go back to Dreamweaver + manual coding.

I even tried a blank page in xara ( no templates ) added a title and a couple of pics, then ad code, still nothing shows up in any browser. It is obviously a problem with Xara because same ad code within a manually created html page works fine.
    My guess is it's something within the roe.js java script file that prevents this from working ( that is one of the files Xara generates when exporting a site ).

Xara has 3 Adsense widgets. Have you tried any of these?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not yet, I'd prefer to use html code/placeholder, but I may have to use one of those. Anyway, it makes no sense, same thing happening with mobirise and I notice that some xara templates are obviously made with something like mobirise which uses bootstrap framework, so there may be a problem there.

Well tried the widget, and all that does is insert a rectangle that gets replaced by HTML code, so exactly the same as doing it with a placeholder, so obviously same result, no ads.
    Last edited by DoodleBerry; 04 October 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Okay, I can't help further as I don't have an Adsense account. If you wish to send me the code content to the email below I'll see what I can do. It is doable, other members have got it working.

temp@parkeston.com

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, but it seems I have found a workaround.

If anybody else is having problems with these responsive site templates. Instead of adding only adsense code into your placeholder, create a new division of your own.
    For example, for a banner ad size you would do this: <div id="ad_here" style="width:728px; height:90px; margin: auto;"> adsensecode pasted here </div>

Then copy and paste that code into your placeholder.

Glad you got it sorted
    Egg