Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Old Website

Default Old Website

Hello,

I have an old website which I created with Microsoft Frontpage and with Xara Webstyle templates, the site now needs a complete overhaul but unfortunately my old computer crashed (where I have the website) and I have lost all my files. Is there a way than I can retrieve the files off my website online and somehow transfer them into Xara Web Designer 11 premium. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

Default Re: Old Website

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Hello,

I have an old website which I created with Microsoft Frontpage and with Xara Webstyle templates, the site now needs a complete overhaul but unfortunately my old computer crashed (where I have the website) and I have lost all my files. Is there a way than I can retrieve the files off my website online and somehow transfer them into Xara Web Designer 11 premium. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you
    Xara would handle design files from another web editor, even Xara Webstyle, I believe.

If your site is published, on the Internet, you can use File > Import from web address... to capture the majority of visible images and text but you get none of the actions, rollovers, popups, etc.

You could use your browser developer tools mode (F12) to get other items form the Source tab.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat