Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow Widget Questions

Hello,

I am wanting to make a simple 9 photo slideshow for my index page with captions. I have been using the Xara Slideshow Widget as it is easy and effective, but am finding the captions are limited in terms of placement and formatting. I can get around this by designing each photo with its own text separately and running the slideshow without captions - but I lose any SEO opportunities.

I would rather stick with the newer widget than the older slideshow widgets as they have been in there forever and they are kind of rigid when it comes to sizing. I just want this to work 100% of the time in any browser and be easy to deal with.

Should I forget about the SEO and just make these slides jpegs and move forward or is it worth it to have the text and get a proper widget implementation?

If so, which widget?

Thanks!

Default Re: Slideshow Widget Questions

I would go for content. If you create your images with captions, you have better control over the design and quality of the images. Other's may disagree.

Default Re: Slideshow Widget Questions

Thanks. These are images in which each describe a service of my company. So the text is quite important. I am a little ways away from going live. Maybe the best approach is to finish the site with the images created in Photoshop and use the Xara Widget. I can then revisit this topic with something to show and steer from there. It would be easy to change the slider after the site is complete.