Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Anyone got color sugestions to top banner when i have a pool as a background picture?

So my family is trying to rent out a vacation house in Spain. //til-spania.a.heltblank.no/ )

I am kinda stuck with the blue color at the top banner and bottom. I have tied so many different ones, but none that i like. I dont know if i like the blue one either or i am just used to it by now.

Anyone got some new fresh ideas they can share with me? New to all this graphic design and color selection :)

If you have some tips, you are awesome, if not - still awesome !
    Last edited by Barbara B; 30 September 2017 at 11:09 PM.

Default Re: Anyone got color sugestions to top banner when i have a pool as a background pict

Have you tried to apply a transparency?

Default Re: Anyone got color sugestions to top banner when i have a pool as a background pict

I would be inclined to experiment with the colour picker. I drew the blue panel and placed it over the image and just wandered with the tool until I found a colour I liked.
    I chose a nice blue from the frieze tiling just above the pool waterline.
    Edit: I'd also be inclined to edit the photo, maybe change the transparency, or use a sepia version of the photo. Go wild! You can't break anything!
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	118903  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Welcome to TalkGraphics, W37Bernsten.

We have a policy against links in messages until your fifth or sixth post, to keep people from simply advertising here.

I removed it, but kept your text.

Good luck with your inquiry.

Barbara B.
    Administrator
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

How about using the two colours used for the apartments? I would avoid using the one you have on your homepage, it's to much all the burgundy/browny colour, and is at odds with the predominant creamy-yellow of the pool background image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilspania.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	118913  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host