Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Video Player and Thumbnails

Hello,

I am using the most recent Xara 365 video player and have a video imported on my page. The video shows as just a black player so I would like to add a thumbnail image to show as the video. Since the player is new, the code in the placeholder area is different than in the past. So basically, I am stuck!

Can we make the video asset transparent with the jpeg behind it? I tried the wmode="transparent" command but it did not work.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Xara Video Player and Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,
    I am using the most recent Xara 365 video player and have a video imported on my page. The video shows as just a black player so I would like to add a thumbnail image to show as the video. Since the player is new, the code in the placeholder area is different than in the past. So basically, I am stuck!
    Can we make the video asset transparent with the jpeg behind it? I tried the wmode="transparent" command but it did not work.
    Thanks for your help.
    The simplest I can make is using the poster parameter:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/gotye.mp4" controls width = "100%" height="100%" poster="index_htm_files/movies.png"/>
    I dropped my background image onto my page and Named it filename=movies.
    I usually then hide the image, resize it smaller or put it on a layer out of sight.

If the image is PNG, the black of the player shows through so setting your image to JPG and changing the poster parameter to reflect this, might be what you need.

Acorn

P.S. Untouched, my new Xara player shows the first frame of the video so it is not black.
    P.S.S. If you need to scale the background image, you need to add some CSS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat