Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Font Problem

Default Font Problem

I have a xar file with 20 pages in it. When I publish I always get a Warning box about:
    "The following non-standard fonts will be published with your website"
    "Arial Unicode MS : 234 kb"

I suppose this is because I have the Arial font being used somewhere in my pages.
    The Document Info box also says this font is being used. But this means it is being used somewhere in the 20 pages, and doesnt tell me where.

I cant tell by looking at the page because Arial looks the same as the other font.

The site works fine but I would like to get rid of this if I can.
    Any ideas on how to find where this font is being used so I can get rid of it?

Designer Pro X

Default Re: Font Problem

You can look in the Name Gallery (the little yellow name tag on the right)

Select the font then go through your pages and where the font appears the text will be highlighted.

Usually what happens, and this drives me absolutely nuts, is it is usually a space before or after a paragraph and not a character itself.

If you are not feeling motivated to find the phanton font, you can ignore it. It will not effect the published page. Just crazy-making is all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	name gallery.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	118899  

Wow, that fixed it.

It turns out it was because I was using some Chinese characters on one page - that's why it was using that font. I turned that text into an image instead so I can eliminate that font.

Thanks, I had been fighting with that for years.

Am I correct in thinking that the "Name Gallery" is not available in Web Designer Premium 12 365?

Seems to be a very handy tool but I can't find it anywhere on my WDP12 365

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwallaby View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the "Name Gallery" is not available in Web Designer Premium 12 365?
    Seems to be a very handy tool but I can't find it anywhere on my WDP12 365
    Cheers,
    I am afraid that that is the case.

If you are up to detectiving, you could look through your <page>.htm and look for classes of type xr_s(digit). Then in index_htm_files open xr_text.css and check which fonts are associated with which class.

Time and again, I wonder about Xara's claim to be a DTP platform when such simple functionality is purposely crippled to fragment the market.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I have spent a bit of time looking through the menus to see if it was a configuration that I had incorrectly set.

Cheers,