Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CREATING a totally NEW Brush

I would appreciate easy clear instructions on how to make one.

Default Re: CREATING a totally NEW Brush

I have moved this to Xara Design Chat.

What product are you using? Your profile shows Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9. Is this correct?

The version is important because features have changed with the newer versions.

Maybe Frances (Angelize), our brush expert can help.

I have the new 365...I had tried to make a brush in Help...but no luck in creating one

oops Gary...think I just deleted my reply...anyway, I have version 365 now and I tried using Help but could not create a brush...

just noticed that I was listed as offline so I signed in again...anyway Gary, don't know what time it is in New Mexico but here in south western Ontario, Canada, it is 11:38...I do have another question...why does the feather slider blur images in something that I have enhanced or altered in some way before using the 'feather' feature...previous versions of Xara (LOVE THIS SOFTWARE) did not do this...I usually put a slight feather on most elements so I am kinda bummed.

OK..it's just one of those days...can't get my Xara disc out of the DVD drive because it won't open and Xara software isn't working at all now...so catch you later...S

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello sharart. Which xara product are you using? Designer pro, photo and graphics designer and page and layout designer all have brushes but only DP, and P&GA have art brushes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I have the 365 version, angelize

I did try following the directions in the Help menu but could not come up with a brush...

HELLO angelize...I am using 365 upgraded from designer 9 (I've used Xara software for years and absolutely love it, just trying to get more familiar with the program as I move further away from traditional art and more into digital art) I have tried to create a brush using the Help menu but no luck...I have downloaded some cool brushes from the brush (line?) design gallery and actually downloaded some interesting ones from users on Talkgraphics but then they disappeared from my line tool...notice you are in B.C. I am in south western Ontario. (I don't have Skype)...best regards, Sharron