Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Caption Photos in Gallery

Using XDP X, and would like to caption images in a pop-up gallery. I believe I've done it before and don't recall.

On the gallery page of template the photos are grouped in a widget.

There is an option in Web Properties under Image tab to give Pop-up Title.

Feeling silly I can't figure how to title each photo, as they are grouped in widget.

Default Re: Caption Photos in Gallery

I think all you need do is press Ctrl+Select to pick a picture.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

That's what I thought, and I did try before posting.

If you (or anyone) has the version of Xara that includes web templates, would you mind helping out by taking a look to see what you see? The web template titled "Elementary" and go to the "Gallery" page.

I'm typically pretty resourceful and keeping working to try to find a solution. And, many times there is more than one way to accomplish a task.

For some reason, I'm stuck on this one. There are the Gallery widgets that have captions already, and I use and like them. This project I'm liking the look of the Pop-up gallery.

Any other help/thoughts is much appreciated.

It can't be done in Xara directly using this widget. Perhaps Acorn can find an HS solution
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Resolved - in a round about way. Was hoping for something not as time consuming.

I deleted the widget. Then pasted individual thumbnail stock framed photo from another page of the template. I duplicated the image, giving me 2 rows of 6.

Then I can select each pic and title it using the Web Properties under Image tab to give Pop-up Title.

Hopefully that bit of info may be of help to someone else.

Have a good day. Many thanks.

Thanks Egg! When I could not control & select the individual image, nor ungroup, I thought that may be the case.

I appreciate your confirming that it can't be done using this widget.