Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Caption Photos in Gallery

Using XDP X, and would like to caption images in a pop-up gallery. I believe I've done it before and don't recall.

On the gallery page of template the photos are grouped in a widget.

There is an option in Web Properties under Image tab to give Pop-up Title.

Feeling silly I can't figure how to title each photo, as they are grouped in widget.

Default Re: Caption Photos in Gallery

I think all you need do is press Ctrl+Select to pick a picture.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

That's what I thought, and I did try before posting.

If you (or anyone) has the version of Xara that includes web templates, would you mind helping out by taking a look to see what you see? The web template titled "Elementary" and go to the "Gallery" page.

I'm typically pretty resourceful and keeping working to try to find a solution. And, many times there is more than one way to accomplish a task.

For some reason, I'm stuck on this one. There are the Gallery widgets that have captions already, and I use and like them. This project I'm liking the look of the Pop-up gallery.

Any other help/thoughts is much appreciated.

It can't be done in Xara directly using this widget. Perhaps Acorn can find an HS solution
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Resolved - in a round about way. Was hoping for something not as time consuming.

I deleted the widget. Then pasted individual thumbnail stock framed photo from another page of the template. I duplicated the image, giving me 2 rows of 6.

Then I can select each pic and title it using the Web Properties under Image tab to give Pop-up Title.

Hopefully that bit of info may be of help to someone else.

Have a good day. Many thanks.

Thanks Egg! When I could not control & select the individual image, nor ungroup, I thought that may be the case.

I appreciate your confirming that it can't be done using this widget.