Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: CREATING a totally NEW Brush

Sharron, you cannot make brushes unless you have Xara Designer Pro X (365).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@ Acorn: Photo & Graphics designer I believe also allows the creation of brushes and Page and layout will allow the creation of old style scatter brushes but not art brushes.

@ Sharon telling me you are using Designer 365 does not tell me which product you are using. Open your program and look at the top left corner of your screen what does it say there? Designer Pro? Photo & graphics Designer? Page & Layout designer? Web designer? Once I know which one you are using then I can help you.
    and yes I am in BC on the coast. Fall rains have finally started
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for the correction, I always overlook Photo and Graphics Designer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

hello again...OK...having worked alone (learning the hard way) on my computer into the wee small hours for many years and hardly ever coming up for air...it's taking me a bit of time to get in the grove here with a 'community', plus I keep losing my log-in status (I guess because I put my computer to sleep when I leave 'my' room).....OMG it even took me a while to notice this.

Anyway, I had Photo & Graphic Designer 9 which I have recently (4 days ago) upgraded to 365...I have another question...when I use the feather tool on an element that I have already enhanced in some way, it just blurs the image rendering it useless even if I 'feather' the tiniest amount; I'm 99.9 percent sure this did not happen before the switch to 365...if there any reason for this?

thanks, A

me again...I am probably thinking of a scatter brush (not sure of the difference between this and an art brush)

oh, and the temp here is in the 30's today and has been for a few days now and will continue for a few more...hotter than Halloween Hell, that's for sure (working on Halloween cards, so I'm in Halloween mode

SharART - When you log in, there is a check box, Remember Me (or something to that effect). Check this box and you won't have to log in every time you visit.

A scatter brush repeats an object. You can edit the brush in a multitude of ways. An Art Brush uses a bitmap (maybe a vector too, I'm not sure) and distorts that bitmap as you draw. OK Just tried it, bitmap or vector. This goes for both types of brush.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok So now that I know you are using photo &graphics Designer You should be able to create your own brushes.

I have put together a quick video that will walk you through the basics of art brushes and scatter brushes. I also have a video detailing how to create art brushes that repeat along the curve. The difference with repeating art brushes vs scatter brushes is the way they are rendered around a curve repeating art brushes follow the curve without gaps no matter how tight .

As for the feathering issue, in my tests using Designer Pro it works fine, so I have no idea what might be happening. Your best bet would be to open a support ticket with Xara support https://support.xara.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Great reply to my query 'G the high Priest', 'Acorn not fallen very far from the tree' and especially you Angel angelize...I will re-watch the videos until I get the hang of it...whew! Well, if I wasn't getting ready for a traditional art show in a weeks time, I would begin bombarding you'all with more questions...so I would guess, this is your lucky day! very best regards, Sharron

Thanks, Frances! Greatly appreciated.

I watched both tutorials and I now have a much better understanding of making brushes.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)