Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New site....

Default New site....

A few years ago I made a simple website with a different programme, but this is my first with Xara.

I have to say that for less than £50 this is a great bit of software. We’ve had a few cross words in the making of this site, but I haven’t yet found a piece of software that didn’t need a stern talking to every now and then.

Leaving aside the (fairly significant!) issues of the design and content of the site I am a bit disappointed that the little movie doesn’t want to play on the browsers that came with an LG phone and a Samsung phone, and while the text embedding seems to work it occasionally gives up on my (relatively new) Desktop. I don’t know whether it would have been better to have all the text as graphics (?) – It’s only a site for fun, but I would like to know that the people who do look at it see what I wanted them to see.

Anyway, enough rambling, here it is;

www.thesurfivors.co.uk

Default Re: New site....

Welcome to TalkGraphics

No software is perfect. Thanks for sharing your effort.

What a great little site, I really enjoyed it. Video and music all played on my desktop no problem.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    What a great little site, I really enjoyed it. Video and music all played on my desktop no problem.

Ray
    Thank you for those kind words Ray - I really appreciate them. Although it's a frivolous site I did put a lot of effort into it! The video playback problem seems to be with the default browser that comes with some phones (e.g. Samsung S6, LG G4). If I switch to Chrome it's fine.The default browser will play the same video from Youtube, and, for example, tutorial videos from the Xara site with no problems. I don't have anywhere near the technical knowledge to know what's going on or if there is a solution!

Roger

Checked on Iphone was able to play video and music. Did have trouble getting the listen page to load not sure why.

Ray

Thanks for taking the time!

Roger

Great fun site
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you!