Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Ticker

Default Text Ticker

Can anyone suggest a widget that will give a text ticker I can place on my site and insert my text? I have used one on Serif WebPlus, but I cannot transfer the htm code to Xara.

Default Re: Text Ticker

Please clarify what you mean by text ticker? Are you talking about a ticker tape efect that scrolls across the screen or are you talking about where a user ticks a button?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by richwoo View Post
    Can anyone suggest a widget that will give a text ticker I can place on my site and insert my text? I have used one on Serif WebPlus, but I cannot transfer the htm code to Xara.
    The simplest would be to create a text block and put "Text Ticker in as dummy text. Then in its Placeholder body put
    <marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right"
    onmouseover="this.stop();"
    onmouseout="this.start();">
    Ut dolor ad labore velit enim? Non magna qui esse ullamco amet sint do dolor tempor. Ex consequat labore dolore dolore, aliquip reprehenderit.
    </marquee>
    Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 06 June 2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Emphasising text block (and not text line)
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Works great, thanks Acorn.

Ciao

Roly

Many thanks, I've got it working fine

I thought the subject read Text Tickler. Time to get my eyes checked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The simplest would be to create a text block and put "Text Ticker in as dummy text.
    Along this same line, I have seen some of Xara's demo sites that will have testimonials that will be replaced by a new sliding testimonial. Like many of the photo slideshows, only for text, such as testimonials. Can anyone enlighten this old man as to how this is accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Curly In KC

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The simplest would be to create a text block and put "Text Ticker in as dummy text. Then in its Placeholder body put

Acorn
    Nice one Acorn!

If you change the direction to "left", then the text scrolls from the beginning of the sentence not the end.....
    Last edited by letsgofishing; 28 September 2017 at 06:39 AM. Reason: changing direction

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyInKC View Post
    Along this same line, I have seen some of Xara's demo sites that will have testimonials that will be replaced by a new sliding testimonial. Like many of the photo slideshows, only for text, such as testimonials. Can anyone enlighten this old man as to how this is accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Curly In KC
    Sort of.
    You could create a block of text and then add a white rectangle as a background. Size the text and background to the width you want it to be on your website and group them.
    Make a bitmap copy of the group and export it as a.png
    Repeat for the other testimonials.
    Open the xara slideshow widget and add the images you have made in the "manage photos" tab.
    Not quite a ticker tape........

I would use https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...l-using-jQuery with text blocks of testimonials on top of each other, each withName htmlclass=illy.

If you are tidy, you can place each Testimonial in a separate Layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat