Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Can't edit FTP username in Xara Web Designer 11

Hello,

A domain name and site expired. When we renewed it, new FTP credentials were assigned, but we cannot get Xara to hold the new FTP username.

In File | Publish website | Publish to the Web | when I click on "Change FTP settings" | "Other Web (via FTP)" click the "Settings" button | in the "Other web host settings" menu, every time I edit the FTP username, it does not hold.

I've tried creating a profile but that didn't help.

Any advice appreciated. We just want to publish the website.

Thanks.

Default Re: Can't edit FTP username in Xara Web Designer 11

That does not sound right, Laurie. I would suggest you file a support ticket at https://support.xara.com

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    That does not sound right, Laurie. I would suggest you file a support ticket at https://support.xara.com
    Oh, darn, I was hoping it was something simple. I just filed a support ticket. Thanks.

It should be simple, but simple would be that when you enter new information the information is there the next time you go to publish. And this apparently is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It should be simple, but simple would be that when you enter new information the information is there the next time you go to publish. And this apparently is not the case.
    We haven't used the software in a while so we might be at fault. We are trying to help a friend relaunch her site (no edits). I clicked on the option to make a Profile and created one. A few questions about the profile:

1) Where can I find the profile?

2) Does it serve any other purpose other than to retain information (FTP credentials)?

3) Is it editable?

If Support can't resolve the issue, we might change the FTP username to match what Xara has retained. It's a simple edit, just changing a lowercase letter to an uppercase letter in the name, but Xara won't keep the edit (reverts to the earlier one). I tried deleting the username and typing in the new one, but that didn't hold either.

I might upload a screen shot of the screen in question to see if you can spot anything else that we may be doing wrong.

Thanks.

1. Web Properties > Publish. Create your FTP settings and then press Explore Web Space. If you can connect then click OK and then click Apply. (If you don't click Apply the settings will not be saved)

2. I believe the settings are automatically saved with the file and you should not need to create a profile. But my guess is you missed the Apply step which is critical.

3. Yes, edit the settings then select Save Profile and I think you can save over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	save profile.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	118839