Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Css

Default Css

Hello,

What happens to the CSS that comes with the original website theme when I do some edits.

Thank you

Default Re: Css

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Hello
    What happens to the CSS that comes with the original website theme when I do some edits.
    Thank you
    Nothing. What are you expecting to happen or not happen?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - Wouldn't it be automatically updated?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - Wouldn't it be automatically updated?
    Not really, the CSS is there to handle global styling.
    ani.css is for animation so won't change.
    xr_fonts.css is probably changed if you add different fonts.
    xr_main.css will change for page backgrounds and text decoration for links
    xr_text.css handles changed Styles.

So for a Theme, edits to objects for colouring and shading are dealt with by image rendering.
    If a Theme is used, the OP is probably not changing Fonts and styles as the design was chosen for its presentation.

The remainder is typically handled in-line like style="width: 793px; height: 1123px; top:0px; left:0px; background-color: white; box-shadow: 5px 5px 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If i change colours on different parts of the website including NAVS and also change the text size will my changes override the CSS (inline & cascading) or is the CSS updated to reflect the changes.

If i change colours on different parts of the website including NAVS and also change the text size will my changes override the CSS (inline & cascading) or is the CSS updated to reflect the changes.
    Again, what is the worry? Xara does all this auto-magically. A NavBar is a collection of coloured blobs (no CSS), the hovers are JavaScript, the sub-menus are probably set up as a new CCS file if you change font, size. Text is just text, until you change Styles all over and then xr_fonts.css and xr_text.css might change. Xara does some in-line styling with circles and boxes with curved corners. Change these to ellipses or rotate the box and you are back to an image.

Export the Themed website and save off the above CSS files. Do the same with your changed site and then run a DIFF across same named files.

Acorn

Thank you.
    Just as a matter of reference if I wanted to change some CSS is it possible?

Thank you.
    Just as a matter of reference if I wanted to change some CSS is it possible?
    YOu can embed <STYLE> into body and head Website, Page or Placeholders.

Also you can take a Xara-generated CSS, modify it and import back into your design. This is a bit tricky.

Acorn

Thank you Acorn