Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Guardian Newspaper problem using Google Chrome

Could anyone else using Google Chrome browser confirm the problem I'm having when trying to access this link:---> https://www.theguardian.com/uk
    The web page opens normally, but within 10 seconds the site shows the bottom of the page and none of the links will open.

All works normally using Firefox.

I have tried reporting this anomaly using Chrome, but no responses over the period of at least a month.
    I appreciate this isn't an end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it situation, but I'd like to see it resolved.

Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Guardian Newspaper problem using Google Chrome

Just tried the site in Chrome but don't see what your seeing. Are you perhaps using a website protection extension(s)?

Hi Bob. I always use Chrome and I didn't have any problems with the site. I tried almost all of the links with no problems at all.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Ron, there are two possibles. At the bottom, there is a pop-up alert about Cookies (EU law). You might have to clear this.
    The other is the top of the page is a space for web ads. If you have an ad blocker, the site might get huffy with you as it is revenue to them to blast you with spammy ads.

It all works for me.

I'm glad you are reading it from the US as I subscribe to the Washington Post from the UK. Just to get a wider perspective.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn to the rescue! It was the Ad Blocker. Now switched off in Chrome, but it is still active in Firefox with no adverse effects. Thank you!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Acorn to the rescue! It was the Ad Blocker. Now switched off in Chrome, but it is still active in Firefox with no adverse effects. Thank you!
    Bob.
    Bob and Ron, sorry I conflated your Posts,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat