Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple request from a simple mind

Would it be possible to add the option to have arrowheads in the line gallery available as the tail as well?
    Name:  ExchangeArrow.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  1.3 KB
    Forgive me if this is already available but I've not been able to find it.

Thanks

Default Re: Simple request from a simple mind

Quote Originally Posted by ColdH2Odvr View Post
    Would it be possible to add the option to have arrowheads in the line gallery available as the tail as well?
    Name:  ExchangeArrow.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  1.3 KB
    Forgive me if this is already available but I've not been able to find it.

Thanks
    Later versions have Smart Arrows with selectable starts and ends. This has been asked for and on the face of it is a simple extension of the current functionality.
    If it were implemented, you would still have to upgrade from v.9.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Select the path, open the Arrowhead folder in the Line Gallery. Double click on an arrowhead to add it to one end. Hold down the Ctrl key and double click to add the same or a different arrowhead to the opposite end.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Select the path, open the Arrowhead folder in the Line Gallery. Double click on an arrowhead to add it to one end. Hold down the Ctrl key and double click to add the same or a different arrowhead to the opposite end.
    That totally passed me by! Hiding in plain view in the Help. I shall now kick myself.

Cheers Gary,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Every now and again one of these tips and tricks has been retained in what's left of my memory.

LOL!!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Every now and again one of these tips and tricks has been retained in what's left of my memory.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Hi Gary,

You have just 'upgraded' my memory. Thank you. I didn't know that trick, hopefully, I'll 'retain' it.
    ~Fred

Thank you, Gary, that was also lost in the mists of time, along with much else......

Ctrl, OMG so small and yet HUGE! My day just got much much better. I have wasted more friggin time with clone, mirror, etc. I knew it had to be in there, just couldn't find it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Drag and drop also lets you attach arrowhead designs to either end of a line.

And the straight line tool has separate dropdown menus for start and end arrowheads.

Phil