Based on a tout by a contributor to this forum that claimed he/she has not had any problems with viruses, I purchased TotalAV antivirus program. I don't know if this program is what it claims, I have NO way of knowing. However, my problems with my computer doing weird things such as bogging down and running slow, getting strange messages like recently in Xara Designer ProX that a file I was working on couldn't be saved as it was being used in another program, (which is ridiculous, as there wasn't any other program running).

I don't know what to think, as I've gone through reinstalling Windows 10 Home Edition with the direct help from MS and I still have difficulties. I'm going through the painstaking process of communicating back and forth with MS help, but it is such a hassle and so time consuming! I'm going through the same processes of running malware and antivirus programs that MS is directing me to download and run, but this has gotten old.

Now, the "da bear" who is contracted by MS to help with the online help website, has a link at the bottom of his signature that says the anti virus I use (TotalAV) is a farce.

It just seems that I'm jumping through hoops only to land in mud!

Bottom line:

Is there anyone, ANYONE, that can make the claim that a certain anti virus program/suite is top notch and a solid and reliable program? I KNOW there is no guarantees by any manufacturer that I won't sometime get a virus. I just want assurance that I'm not throwing my money away and I can feel somewhat confident that I'm reasonably protected.

Lastly:

How can I be certain that ANY program I run will actually rid my computer of the virus/malware/worm whatever! has been removed?

If you had the patience to read all this crap I just laid down, you are a saint! I personally have run out of patience; with my computer, programs and my own dissatisfaction, frustration and bad attitude!