Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it possible to import other brushes into P&LD11

From the information you give I can't really tell if something is wrong with your setup but when looking at your tut, I notice the following: Steps 3, 4 and 5 should not be necessary. The moment you drag & drop the file with brushes into your document (your step 2), the brushes are added into memory and available at the bottom of the "Select an existing brush" drop-down list. If you now follow your step 6, you should have the desired result.

Once you have used an imported brush, it will show at the top of the "Select etc." drop-down list. In addition, some brushes are quite resource hungry, so the program may slow down, especially if you import a lot of brushes. Quitting the program will remove all non-used brushes so when you restart, the original responsiveness will be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Boy and Angelize - thanks for your advice.
    The problem is there are no brushes in the folder called "Vector line art brushes" in the line gallery.
    In the designs gallery, when I open Vector line art brushes folder, it shows a thumbnail of all Angelizes brushes - if I double click it, it just opens the thumbnail in a new window. If I grag it onto the page, it does the same thing.
    I've attached screen shots.

Attachment 118832Attachment 118833Attachment 118834
    Yeah I'm having similar issues as well. I hope someone can figure this out soon.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok first off now that I am not looking at this thread on my tiny phone screen I see that you are using page and layout Designer not photo and graphics designer. Art brushes may not be supported in page and layout designer, and I designed the brushes in question as art brushes . But I also see that you are not opening the documents brushes folder and thats where all the brushes from all open documents should show up. Try opening that folder and see if the brushes can be used from there. Probably you won't but also see if you can right click a thumbnail and get an option to copy the brush graphic to the clipboard then a simple ctrl+v to paste and you can make a scatter (old style brush) like you did in your tutorial.

If you really need to have the art brushes capability you will likely need to upgrade to photo and Graphics Designer or Designer Pro

Edit: how did you add your verctor line art brushes to the lines gallery? The method you used could also have some bearing on what is happening.
    Last edited by angelize; 14 September 2017 at 06:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

OK - sorted.
    P&LD does not support art brushes only scatter (repeating brushes).
    Anyway, I dragged a xara brush file onto a blank page and then found that the brush shows in the p&l gallery and that I can create a new line and apply the stroke form there or from the line drop down at the top of the window.
    Many thanks to all for your help.

EDIT: I first uninstalled and then re-installed P&LD11 - I think this may have cleared things I was doing by copying and pasting brushes directlt into the xara brushes folder under program files.