Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it possible to import other brushes into P&LD11

In the Line Gallery of P&LD11 - can I import other line/brushstrokes?

Default Re: Is it possible to import other brushes into P&LD11

I don't think you can add any lines or brushes to the Line Gallery itself but you can add them in the Local Designs Gallery by clicking the 'Disc designs...' button, browsing to the folder where you keep your custom brushes, and clicking the 'Add' button. When you add more files to this folder later on, you need to go through the same process but click the 'Update' button.

Hi I have done what 'Boy' mentioned for all my previous content supplied by previous XarA Designer programs..and they
    are available to me in Xara Designer Pro X (12)...
    This gives me access to the content supplied.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I don't think you can add any lines or brushes to the Line Gallery itself but you can add them in the Local Designs Gallery by clicking the 'Disc designs...' button, browsing to the folder where you keep your custom brushes, and clicking the 'Add' button. When you add more files to this folder later on, you need to go through the same process but click the 'Update' button.
    This doesn't seem to work with P&LD11.
    I did as you suggested but all that happens is that the brushes show up as thumbnail images in the design gallery - I cannot access them in the line gallery so therefore cannot apply them to a line I have drawn.

EDIT.
    Restarted P&LD11 - the folder I created with the brushes in it, now shows up in the line gallery - click the folder to open it but nothing happens....

You can drag the brush you want to use from the Local Designs Gallery into you design. Pick the Freehand and Brushtool (F3), select the object you wish to give another line/brush stroke, and choose this line/brush from the 'Select an existing brush' drop-down window in the toolbar at the top of your screen.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I can't "select an existing brush" - I've attached a screen shot.
    The folder "Vector line art brushes" - thank you Annelize - shows, but if I click it to open the folder, nothing happens.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line gallery.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	118828

You're not a nuisance. From your screenshot it appears that the line is not selected. With regards to the extra brushes and lines, I suggest you import them into the Local Designs Gallery (see post #2) and drag & drop the desired brush into your design etc. (see post # 5).

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Make sure the line is selected then double click the brush in the lines gallery to apply it. Or select the freehand brush tool and double click the brush in the lines gallery to select it and then you should be able to start drawing with it.
    Oh and you are very welcome for the brushes There's an expanded set of those brushes available in the Xara Marketplace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Make sure the line is selected then double click the brush in the lines gallery to apply it. Or select the freehand brush tool and double click the brush in the lines gallery to select it and then you should be able to start drawing with it.
    Oh and you are very welcome for the brushes There's an expanded set of those brushes available in the Xara Marketplace
    Boy and Angelize - thanks for your advice.
    The problem is there are no brushes in the folder called "Vector line art brushes" in the line gallery.
    In the designs gallery, when I open Vector line art brushes folder, it shows a thumbnail of all Angelizes brushes - if I double click it, it just opens the thumbnail in a new window. If I grag it onto the page, it does the same thing.
    I've attached screen shots.

Name:	line brushes.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	118832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line brushes 2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	118833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folder close up.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	118834

[QUOTE=letsgofishing;581215]Boy and Angelize - thanks for your advice.
    The problem is there are no brushes in the folder called "Vector line art brushes" in the line gallery.
    In the designs gallery, when I open Vector line art brushes folder, it shows a thumbnail of all Angelizes brushes - if I double click it, it just opens the thumbnail in a new window. If I grag it onto the page, it does the same thing.
    I've attached screen shots.

EDIT:
    Boy & Angelize -
    I was frustrated so I started messing around and found a solution - see attachment below!
    Is there something "wrong" with my version of P&LD11 or is this the only work around seeing that none of the steps offered worked?

Name:	how to create a brush.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	118835
    Attached Files Attached Files