Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default only Nav bar showing on web viewing

Hi, I am a fairly new user of Xara Web Designer Premium. I have designed several websites - just different versions, and all work as I want them to. I have seen an idea I would like to copy - the Home page has a white panel with topics and a link, which becomes a new panel in the same place with new topics and links.

I have made a new trial site with a Nav Bar, and pages correctly named and linked. However, when I view either a page or the whole site, (which is pretty bare, as I just want to see if I can make this work) all I get is the NavBAr. I have looked at the info in Pages and Layers, can't see anything wrong. This is driving me nuts!

So why are my text and graphics not appearing, and any suggestions as to how I can do what I wanted.

All suggestons gratefully appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara prob1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	118877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara prob2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	118878  

Default Re: only Nav bar showing on web viewing

Hello and welcome to Talk Graphics JJJJ.

Without actually seeing your web/xar file I can't be sure what the issue is but something I notice from your screen-grab is that your index page, named index-a has no page or pasteboard background layers, which is odd as these layers should be present on every page.

I suspect you have inadvertently placed content on the MouseOver layer instead of the MouseOff layer and as there's nothing triggering this layers loading it doesn't show. If you select something with the selector tool the Status Line shows you what is selected & on what layer it resides.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Perhaps this is a working version that may point you in the correct direction. See attachment.

Preview to see how it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Perhaps this is a working version that may point you in the correct direction. See attachment.

Preview to see how it works.
    Hallo and thanks for your response. I have been doing lots of different things to try to solve the problem, so I think that is why the page and pasteboard backgrounds are missing.

I can see from your attachment how the page should be, and tried deleting index and inserting a new page, but same response. Status line says on Mouseover layer. I suspect it has got corrupted by now, so have zapped it, and started a new one, without the panels, just with text, and they are showing on preview, so I will proceed to develop this trial.

Any ideas on the thing I was trying to achieve? When I get the panels working again, currently I can only think of a fast transition to a similar page with the new panel and links. I think a popover might be the answer, but that will need a lot of RTFM.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.