Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile phone - web site

I would like to produce a website for solely being displayed on mobile phones.

I have tried using a Variant web template but it always appears too big for the screen.

Can you suggest the best way to produce a webpage?

Thanks

Default Re: Mobile phone - web site

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sparks View Post
    I would like to produce a website for solely being displayed on mobile phones.
    I have tried using a Variant web template but it always appears too big for the screen.
    Can you suggest the best way to produce a webpage?
    Thanks
    Tom, totally ignore Variants, just set up a web page size of your choosing.

This is probably harder than you would expect as shown here; https://mydevice.io/devices/#sortSmartphones.
    Aim for 640 px height; use Retina images and possibly aim for a Vertical Supersite with Scale to Fit Screen ticked.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for this information. This will help enormously to move on and not waste any more time.

Unfortunately I have spent a long time developing pages using Variants and now seems this is not usable.

The web site is going to be around 80 pages all linked so do not think the Vertical Supersite option is recommended.

Could I please ask for some more advice.

If I start a new web page I can choose between SVGA (760px), VGA (640px), and XGA (960px) - which one would recommend?

The work I have completed already in the Variant version is it OK to cut and paste into the new pages and resize accordingly or should i retype / upload afresh which is going to be a long job.

Again many thanks

Kind regards

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sparks View Post
    Thank you for this information. This will help enormously to move on and not waste any more time.

Unfortunately I have spent a long time developing pages using Variants and now seems this is not usable.

The web site is going to be around 80 pages all linked so do not think the Vertical Supersite option is recommended.

Could I please ask for some more advice.

If I start a new web page I can choose between SVGA (760px), VGA (640px), and XGA (960px) - which one would recommend?

The work I have completed already in the Variant version is it OK to cut and paste into the new pages and resize accordingly or should i retype / upload afresh which is going to be a long job.

Again many thanks

Kind regards

Tom
    Tom, VGA (640px). Do try a sample first. Also you can customise your pages to any size.
    When you have your size set, copying and pasting will be all right. I would stop Repeating on all pages and copy over one page and then restore Repeating to avoid having multiple copies on each page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don't know if this will help ....

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Brilliant.

Thanks for the information and video clip which was very helpful. I am now going to be able to show the website via my App once changes have been made.

I have reduced the screen width to 320 as this seems to work best.

Kind regards

Tom

Glad to of been of assistance
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host