Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating Contact Form (Easy?)

Hi All, I am still having problems with completing contact forms using Coffee Cup Forms. I love the way my form looks once built, but, it's the info that has to go into the form once i've completed how it looks. In other words, the email and other behinds the scenes info is confusing to me. I noted that Onlye and RKissane, both members use Coffee Cup and seem to have figured out how to use and publish their forms. Presently, I am using Xara Web Designer 365 Premium. If there is anyone else using this forms program I would love to hear from you. Finally, in order to publish do you require FileZilla to upload any files or does the program do everything? Thanks much all.

Default Re: Creating Contact Form (Easy?)

Can you generate a code or a link for the form? The code, if this is the case can be added to a placeholder. If there is an embed link, this too can be added to a placeholder.

And embed code links to the form on the CoffeeCup Software site. If you can generate code then this builds the form in Web Designer when you publish.

Send a TalkGraphics PM to Rkissane from TG and ask what he recommends.

GWpriester, thank you so much for your response. I sure would appreciate the help on this since I can produce very elegant looking forms using Coffee Cup. It's the back end that gives me problems as well as publishing the form.

Hello,

I do not use Coffee Cup (I do drink coffee, though!), instead I use a free tool which allows me to keep the form and its admin on my own site. See: http://formmail-maker.com/formmail-maker-home.php
    You make the form on their site and download all the necessary files, after which you can upload it with Filezilla or similar. Then embed the code (e.g. "<iframe frameborder="none" src="http://www.yoursite.com/path/form.php" allowTransparency="true" style="width:480px;height:600px;border:none;"></iframe>") to a placeholder. There is an regular html admin section you can go to outside your Xara pages in the form subfolder on your site. Works beautifully and is free!

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    GWpriester, thank you so much for your response. I sure would appreciate the help on this since I can produce very elegant looking forms using Coffee Cup. It's the back end that gives me problems as well as publishing the form.

Hello,

I have not used Coffee Cup (I do drink coffee, though!), but there are other good free solutions to the forms problem, e.g. PHP form generator (phpfmg.sourceforge.net). It can be installed on your site and has a good admin. Integration with Xara through a placeholder as in Coffee Cup.

Good Tuesday Morning Lex,
    Does the form program you use require uploading files using FileZilla or once you load the code from the form it all uploads to the website?

Good morning to you!

You make your form on their site using the online application, then you get a zip file with all the necessary files to upload using Filezilla or similar. After this there is no connection to the form maker site. You have full control of the app. I have used this for many years. It is simply great and very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Tuesday Morning Lex,
    Does the form program you use require uploading files using FileZilla or once you load the code from the form it all uploads to the website?

Good Thursday Lex,
    How much control do you have over how the final form will look, regarding color, shape, etc? Thanks.

Excellent Friday morning musicmanrobert,

By using a placeholder and doing all the prettifying in Xara, you can make the final page look as you like. The form itself is plain but very functional with all bells and whistles you might need.