Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara WD 365 Premium web variants not functioning as I expected

Hello all, here is my problem. I am slowly working on a website for my dear wife which includes 8 main pages. I also note I get a message stating; This is a responsive web design document with 2 or more variants. I took that to mean that whatever is on the main pages would appear on the mobile or smaller screen pages, but would have to be reduced in size. However, I've almost completed the main pages but is not duplicated on the variant pages. What's on the variant pages is what I got when I opened up the website, deleted stuff so I could add what I wanted. I thought these graphics, content and other stuff would also appear on the variants, but not so. What am I doing wrong please and how do I correct this problem? Thanks so much.

bob

Default Re: Xara WD 365 Premium web variants not functioning as I expected

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    However, I've almost completed the main pages but is not duplicated on the variant pages. What's on the variant pages is what I got when I opened up the website, deleted stuff so I could add what I wanted. I thought these graphics, content and other stuff would also appear on the variants, but not so. What am I doing wrong please and how do I correct this problem?

You say that you deleted stuff and replaced it with new contents but by doing so you also deleted the links across the variants. Hence nothing of the new contents appeared in the other variants.

When working with variants it's very useful to know from the beginning how Xara software works in this respect. I suggest you read in the Help file the chapters 'Responsive web design' (under 'Web Graphics and Websites') and 'Text Styles' (under 'Text Handling').

Simply put, right click on an asset and select Website Variants / Share with all Variants.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mr. Egg Bramhill, I sure do appreciate your very quick response and guidance regarding my particular problem. I am pleased to be moving forward sir with my website project.

bob