Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JotForm

Default JotForm

I just upgraded to the latest version of Web Designer Premium.
    Is anyone else having trouble embedding the JotForm in the website?
    I've been fighting with this for a day. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Default Re: JotForm

Yep. But, in mitigation, I'm a complete web creating novice. All I want is the most basic method for people to be added to my mailing list. Just, say, first name, email, captcha. That's it. Can't understand this here JotForm thing. I just end up with a long string of HTML code and no form. Been struggling with this all day as well, Gowa. #IFeelYourPain
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please. Pretty please.

I am not sure if this will work but it cannot hurt to try. Copy the HTML script to the clipboard (Edit > Copy) then right click on the page and select Paste HTML Placeholder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paste HTML placeholder.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	118693  

Many thanks, gwp. I didn't get the paste options you did but, after a little faffing about, got some sort of JotForm to show up. Unfortunately - and typically - I didn't like it so I'll have to do without adding people to my mailing list for now. (All I'm trying to do is put up a holding page with some info whilst I learn the rudiments for a simple website)

Faffing about is a good way to learn.

I think you can also create the form on JotForm's website and then get an embed code which you can paste into a placeholder. The embed code links to your form but on JotForm's website.

Many thanks for your help. I ended up getting it done using MailChimp.

Well I've been fighting with this for days. I can't get it to show in my variant, even though I have the Mobile Responsive widget activated.
    I've been using XARA since v7 and can safely say this is the last product I buy from XARA. Much too frustrating.

Gowa - I an not certain about this, but I think you might have to create a different form for the mobile variant. Acorn or Egg or one of the member who knows more about forms might have the answer.

Gowa, just go to Jot Form, edit your form, hit Publish, select Embed, select iFrame, copy the code.

In Xara create a rectangle, Web Properties / Placeholder / Body HTML Paste.

Preview.

Forms are always problems with variants. Best method is to use a duplicate (not the same) form on the mobile variant.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Best method is to use a duplicate (not the same) form on the mobile variant.
    Sorry, a duplicate or not a duplicate. My brain is fuzzy as usual.