Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WDP365 Upgrade vs Renewal?

My subscription to WDP365 expired in April. I am considering renewing/upgrading to the latest version for another year but I was wondering, what is the difference between upgrading vs renewing? They are both the same price, but if I upgrade I get a free CD backup disc which I believe contains the entire content catalog. I forgot to make a backup of it with my last subscription and now I don't have access to templates and such, so it would be nice to have.

Default Re: WDP365 Upgrade vs Renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    ... what is the difference between upgrading vs renewing?
    Renewing just continues the update service and you don't have to do any software installation; upgrading involves installing the software and entering a new serial number. The latter is for people who have not been on this new subscription/update service scheme so in your case it's better to renew.

Afterwards you can download the whole content catalog by right-clicking in the local designs gallery each of the main folders and selecting 'Download All'. This might take some time, especially when downloading the websites.

Default Re: WDP365 Upgrade vs Renewal?

Thanks, Boy. I assume I will get a years worth of updates with either option, so it seems the only real difference, other than the way they are installed, is the backup CD.