Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default YouTube Embedded Video Playback Issue

Hello:

Using Xara Designer Pro X12 (365), Windows 7 Ultimate

Have current embedded YouTube video on the "News" page of this website. (Done a month ago.)

Today I created video as .mp4, uploaded to my YouTube Channel. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP2Zc8Ej7cs

Tried the YouTube Widget in Xara Components; had trouble. But, had success w/placeholder rectangle and pasting the code.

Embed video on "Home" page, it will not display in Xara preview. Copy this video to "News" page of same website, I can preview and play video. Customer wants it on "Home" page.

I can't figure out why YouTube video will play on "News" page and not "Home" page of this website.

Any ideas?

Default Re: YouTube Embedded Video Playback Issue

Hi Sue, I tend to steer clear of Widgets as the the likes of YouTube, Facebook etc tend to change their systems to often messing up the widget.

With you tube just go to My Channel, select the required video and hit share. Then select embed. Copy the code and place the code into a placeholder rectangle. It shouldn't make any difference what page it's on.

I attach an example xar file. Just preview it to see it work. Change the W & H sizes to match.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Thank you for your feedback. I will steer clear of Widgets for YouTube, etc. Have copied code and placed code into placeholder rectangle.

Eureka, I finally discovered the problem. I put the placeholder rectangle on the home page in the "Mouse Over" layer.

With the video now in the correct layer, the video displays and is working properly.

My mistake was having the "Mouse Over" layer selected from a task yesterday, and never switched back to current "Mouse Off" layer. (Home Page Only)

Probably will not forget this. I wracked my brain today. All is well now.

We all do it. It's part of the learning curve (or in my case part of the downward spiral into dementia)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host