Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strange behaviour of mobile pop up menu

With Gary's help, I created a pop up menu - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...own-menu-width - for the mobile version of a client's site.
    It works perfectly as long as the vertical window scroll bar in any browser is at the top of the page - but as soon as you have to scroll down the page, the menu stops working - the pop up shows and the relevant page gets highlighted - but it simply wont go to that page.
    If you scroll to the top of the page - the menu works again.
    Any ideas gentlemen?

http://www.logostore.co.za

Default Re: Strange behaviour of mobile pop up menu

Did you use the Nav Bar feature to create the Menu?

The text on the menu is very small in my iPhone. If could be about twice that size.

I tried going to the food Menu page and even sitting next to my router with WiFi enabled on my phone the page takes a long time to load.

Hi Gary,
    No - I created the menu from scratch as per your suggestion here - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...own-menu-width
    I will be making the drop down larger, but what I want to know is if you experienced the menu not working if you scroll down a page and then click an item on the menu.

Yes, I can reproduce that behavior. Offhand I wouldn't know what's causing it so perhaps you could post your .web/.xar file.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Yes, I can reproduce that behavior. Offhand I wouldn't know what's causing it so perhaps you could post your .web/.xar file.
    Hi Boy - thanks for your help in advance.
    I've created a copy of the site and then deleted the main variant and a few pages to make the file size smaller.

The problem still exists when previewing the site in Chrome and Opera, but works fine in Explorer and Firefox.

You'll see an additional drop down menu on the left - I just created this conventionally by deleting all the menu items except the home page and then re -adding the items and links to the pages. It works fine but I really prefer the look of Gary's version.

menu scroll test 2.web

EDIT:
    I just created a really simple test site from scratch - same behaviour - if you scroll the page in Firefox and Explorer and then click on the menu it works fine - but in Chrome and Opera, no go!

pop up menu test.web
    Last edited by letsgofishing; 03 September 2017 at 10:55 AM.

I think it is the white box you made sticky at the top of the pages.

Even removing that doesn't seem to make your version of Gary's hamburger work.

I have added in how I would tackle such a menu using Xara's NavBar to give us a starting point for further discussion.

pop up menu test - Acorn.web

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the reply Acorn.
    I also created a menu using Xaras nav bar and it works fine.
    I just really prefer the look of Gary's menu and find it very frustrating that in Explorer and Firefox it works fine after scrolling, but in Chrome and Opera it doesn't. Is it a case of various browsers handling WDP's code differently?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Thanks for the reply Acorn.
    I also created a menu using Xaras nav bar and it works fine.
    I just really prefer the look of Gary's menu and find it very frustrating that in Explorer and Firefox it works fine after scrolling, but in Chrome and Opera it doesn't. Is it a case of various browsers handling WDP's code differently?
    There should be no difference. I'm busy but I will try and build a version later on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    There should be no difference. I'm busy but I will try and build a version later on.

Acorn
    Many thanks for offering - but please put this on your back burner, don't want to hassle you.
    I will use the WDP single button menu for the mean time

Info Re: Strange behaviour of mobile pop up menu

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Many thanks for offering - but please put this on your back burner, don't want to hassle you.
    I will use the WDP single button menu for the mean time
    The problem with my attached, and Gary's, is the setting of a Sticky for any part of the menu destroys the mouseover and pop-ups.

Overall, it is too much of a far using Xara's NavBar system or rolling your own: Each Peach Pear Plum.xar.

I far prefer the use of a CSS menu instead; far, far more control.

Acorn