Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default With P&GD 365 can I make a slide show

I can't afford MS Powerpoint for a single project, I wish to create a slide show that can be copied to a CD or a flash drive.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: With P&GD 365 can I make a slide show

only Designer pro or the web designer products have the ability to create presentations or slideshows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I don't have P&GD installed but you might be able to create a separate page for each presentation step and then export everything to PDF. There are free converters available to create a powerpoint file from PDF. Didn't test any of them though.

The trial is free so its no risk to try.

Alternatively, there are free alternatives to Microsoft office such as libre office that do all the same things, including presentations.

I have just used an adaption of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...231#post579231 in P&GD10.

Utilities > Options > General > Document editing - Document type: Web document.
    Create an inconspicuous object and give it a Name of UsesJQuery.
    Utilities > Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (body): add the code fragment from the link above.

Arrange all your images, again as described in the linked Post.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you are trying to make a slide show that runs like a video, then you can create a new animation document, create the slides, change the properties to the time that you want the slide to show, hit Copy and create the next slide changing the slide to whatever you want. Once done, export to avi.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Ok you mentioned PowerPoint. Are you trying to do this as a presentation or are you try to show some pictures?

Not sure if this will help. But you can make up a PDF file similar to a Power Point layout with Xara. With this file you made, you then can up load it to slideshare.net which is part of Linkedin. then give this out as a link to the slide show. I did this for our company you can take a look here https://www.slideshare.net/RayKissan...-and-lab-areas There is also a link for downloading the file for people who you share the link with.

If you want a PowerPoint type of file then use LibreOffice to make the file. It is an open source office platform that has a comparable feature to PowerPoint and can safe in the same format as PowerPoint. LibreOffice is based off of the code of the old word processing program Wordstar.

Ray

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help. I've been away from this forum for a few years. Glad to see some familiar names still helping others. We amateurs really need you.

That presentation works excellently Ray. Thanks for sharing.

Always good to see long term members back again Bev.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I moved this thread to Xara Graphics Chat