Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Stylized Flames

Default Stylized Flames

Hi, I've asked about the attached file before and got no response. As you can see it is a J with stylized flames on top. I've tried using rectangles and tracings but go no really viable and neat looking file. I was hoping that someone would rise to the challenge and give me some advice on how to create this effect. It seems like it should be really easy but I am just not getting it. Please someone HELP!!!! Thanks.

Manny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stylized flame.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	118677  

Default Re: Stylized Flames

The best way to do this "J" is to manually trace the object. Use the padlock in the Layers palette so the your bit map doesn't move - Create a new layer and trace your shape from your locked bitmap. - Just use the Shape Editor Tool and very roughly go round your bitmap, not a great need to be all that accurate at this point. Take off any fill colour and give it a line thickness. - Now go round your shape editing, most of your shape has rounded corners so keep pressing "S" when you're on the control nodes to smooth, When editing your node handle try and keep the handles inline/parallel with the line it is trying to control.
    Sorry I only spent under 10 mins doing your shape it will need better editing

Name:	J_flame.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	118679  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Select a j and convert to a shape. Make the flame lozenge by distorting a square with curved corners. Combine with ctrl 1. Cut out the gaps by taking part of the lozenge as a line. Place over the lozenge, convert line to shape and subtract (ctrl 2). Edit the final shape with the shape tool; I don't profess to be artistic!

Name:	flame.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	118681  
    Tony

Here's a short video You see al the steps I usually do to trace such tiny bitmaps by hand. http://www.franta-net.de/snagit/
    You'll find out the best way by trying.

Spot on, Tony. You saved me a post!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Great video Ernie
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg!

Thanks for all the help. It really worked well and was relatively quick to create. Kudos!!!