Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do I have to keep renaming my website when saving?

Ok did all that and saved the xara file and backup in one folder and exported the site to another folder.
    How are you saving the back-up file? Saving back-ups in this manner is not usual, as Xara automatically creates a backup file every few minutes on your hard-drive (Click File / Open Recent / Backups to see where). It's not necessary to create your own back-ups.

Why are you exporting the site to a different folder?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am not making my own backups I am using Xara to do them, but every time it makes a backup the original file and sub files disappear.

Hi Acorn
    the same thing has happened again when I make a change but don't save before the backup has been made.

this time I got the following message, which has happened on more than one occasion and I reported to Xara but got no answer. See attached word doc i think

But nothing I have done in Xara has been on the internet as such only the local host.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A backup will only occur if there has been a change in that period.

None of what you have described is normal.

I suggest you raise a Xara ticket and let them have a go.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Lets try it a step at a time.
    Open Xara, open a new web document, place a 500 x 500 px rectangle on the Mouse Off layer.
    Click Save.
    Save it as test.web in a folder of your choice.

Close the file. Close Xara.

Reopen Xara and go File / Open Recent / (test.web should be top of the list.) Select it to open it.

Add a 200x 200 px circle.
    Hit Save and close the document.

File / Open Recent / (test.web should be top of the list.) Select it to open it.

Has it now got both the rectangle & circle?

We can continue if you're getting this far.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah! Are you using Xara Online? From your last attachment it would suggest so ...

Missed Acorns posts, cross posting again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-online.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	118673  
    Egg