Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SEO reprots broken links with mailto

The below is reported by SEO Tool box as a broken link

http://www.etmonline.com.au/mailto:m...ntis@gmail.com

http://www.etmonline.com.au ...is the site name

mailto:maree.germantis@gmail.com is used on the mail icon image and is setup in the web properties.

recommended fix from SEO tool box says to use the href with a proper URL.

Any ideas how to fix this link

regards
    henry

Default Re: SEO reprots broken links with mailto

Quote Originally Posted by henryluiz View Post
    The below is reported by SEO Tool box as a broken link

http://www.etmonline.com.au/mailto:m...ntis@gmail.com

http://www.etmonline.com.au ...is the site name

mailto:maree.germantis@gmail.com is used on the mail icon image and is setup in the web properties.

recommended fix from SEO tool box says to use the href with a proper URL.

Any ideas how to fix this link

regards
    henry
    Henry, the Link box contents should just read mailto:maree.germantis@gmail.com; remove the site name.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi

as mentioned above

mailto:maree.germantis@gmail.com is used on the mail icon image and is setup in the web properties. I have not included the site name.

Appreciate any further help regards

Henry

If you are referring to the email link on the contact page it works fine for me in Mozilla Thunderbird.

the mail icon on each page and the contact page work fine...no problems...but when i run seotoolbox on the site it reports the link is broken. See attached screen dump and how i have set up the mailto in xaraweb.

appreciate any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	118636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	118637  

Hi, I have spent a number of days playing with SEO on my xaraweb site. I understand it is not a perfect science but I decide to use as a baseline the results from SEO Toolbox. See attached pdf for reference.

Web site is .............https://www.tjmdandenong.com.au

• Keyword usage...still need some work to do
    • broken links - as per topic of this thread
    • inline CSS test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • Favicon test - inconsistent results. as you can see if you go the web site there is a favicon. But some reason it does not always report correctly
    • Site loading speed test - still to be worked on
    • JS Minification test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • CSS Minification Test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • URL Canonicalization Test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • IP Canonicalization Test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • Plaintext Emails Test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb
    • Microdata Schema Test - does anyone know how to do this in Xaraweb

Xaraweb is closed and with the limited coding required to develop a web site and the hence limited knowledge of html, PHP etc, can anyone provide assistance in SEO'ing the above points.

Appreciate any help in trying to achieve greater than 77/100

regards
    Henry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hendry, what settings are you using for your bitmap compression, it looks like 100. Your images are far to big. 75 to 80 would be fine.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

thank you for the input. can you recommend and easy compression tool to use.

also appreciate any input from Xaraweb product people on how to maximise SEO Xaraweb re the points above

Henry, if you go to the website below you can run a test on your site and read the report you can download the optimised images by clicking on the Download "optimized image, JavaScript, and CSS resources for this page." at the very bottom of the page. It's a zipped file. Unzip it and copy the images folder. Paste it into your xaras website folder (you may wish to rename the images here) Now in Xara select each image in turn and with the fill tool change it from bitmap to flat fill. Then in Web Properties / Placeholder / Replace with Graphic File / Browse to your image folder and select the required image. Apply (you can have Xara Regenerate Placeholder Image Automatically here) And that's it. Repeat for each image, replacing it with the Google supplied optimised one. These optimised images are uploaded automatically on publish to the index_htm_folder without further adjustments by Xara.

Run the speed test again and it should eliminate the image optimisation warnings. a fair amount of work but if you want to get a higher google speed value, not to difficult once you get into the routine.

I can't remember if it was Scuptex or Ray Kissane did an excellent post og these Google optimsations. I can't find it now. Anyone?

By the way, group the text email link on the top right of your site & give it a mailto link. This should remove that error.
    LINK

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 29 August 2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, thank you for this valuable feedback and I will follow this up.

In relation to images optimization I did use the function in Xaraweb web to optimise images. based on this recommendation to optimize images outside of Xaraweb, can I assume this xaraweb optimise option does not work or is it for another function.