Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara VS the Big Boys

Hi everybody!

I've been very busy lately but I wanted to share my input about XDP. Now, I'm not sure if this is an okay place to post this thread but here goes. I like many different kinds of software but when it comes specifically to editing photos, Xara is my MAIN choice. I don't know about you but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Xara's photo editing tools and filters! It does a better job than Adobe Lightroom (I'm serious here). It's even better than some portrait software that I have. And, I must admit the "adjustable" filters makes my day easier. There are times when I want a little filter and times when I want a lot and there are times when I want the filter to only be in one part of the photo. I love the filter brushes, makes fine-tuning an image much easier than Lightroom's attribute brush (if that's what it's called). If you're looking to edit an important image and you usually use Lightroom, stop and give Xara's photo editing suite a try. You'll be glad you did!

Mark

Default Re: Xara VS the Big Boys

Well said Mark.
    I also have several different applications, but, Xara is the only one I really use, not just for photos but for everything.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The tools are there. Just takes some time to figure out how to use them.

LR is may for RAWs and cataloging dispose that some image editing can be done and some plug-ins available. One would use PS to actually do editing. XDP cannot hold a candle to PS for serious editing.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    XDP cannot hold a candle to PS for serious editing.
    PS is still the best Bitmap editor and I use it for the most photo work I need. Affinity Photo is still a competitor to PS, but there are still missing functions. Gimp is a good tool but missis prof. colormanagement.
    For Vektor-Things I use mostly Xara.
    Logo-Development – Xara.
    Vektor-Art - Xara, AI, SerifDraw, CDR, Inkscape and Affinity Designer.
    Books and brochures – Indesign, PagePlus, TangoSolo or Viva-Designer and sometimes, if a client this wish, Scribus.
    Flyer, banner and all other Print-Things where is no need for exact colors and masterpages is Xara my tool of choice.
    Finaly not forget Acrobat Pro. Only with it is a softproofing for Print-Pdf possible.

All in all I use Xara cca. 60% for all my daily designer work. The most pleased with Xara I'm with it possibility to do the most work in one aplication.
    Some little helpers like „replace Font with”, the „Styles” and many others are great time savers.

LR is may for RAWs and cataloging dispose that some image editing can be done and some plug-ins available.
    It is hard to take a post that starts with gobble-de-gook seriously: "LR is may" "cataloging dispose" (what?) or is that "dispose that some image editing can be done"? "some plug-ins available"... huh?

David

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    It is hard to take a post that starts with gobble-de-gook seriously: "LR is may" "cataloging dispose" (what?) or is that "dispose that some image editing can be done"? "some plug-ins available"... huh?

David
    Yep, some times when I dash off a post using a mobile and misspell something, the auto-correct kicks in and I don't notice. Especially true (the not noticing the effect of auto-correct) if I am not wearing my glasses at the moment.

Would you like me to edit my post to correct it, or are you and your superior attitude satisfied with what is likely my lame excuse?

Mike

He ought to be well satisfied, Mike.
    (Gobbledegook isn't hyphenated by the way, DBNL).
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yep, some times when I dash off a post using a mobile and misspell something, the auto-correct kicks in and I don't notice. Especially true (the not noticing the effect of auto-correct) if I am not wearing my glasses at the moment.

Would you like me to edit my post to correct it, or are you and your superior attitude satisfied with what is likely my lame excuse?

Mike
    Mike, I took the time to have a PM with David earlier. Sorry he missed the offer to amend. I for one would miss your further input on this matter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm not going anywhere.

Heck, unlike a few years ago when I drunk-posted, I didn't even have that for an excuse this time. I got outsmarted by a smart phone! It happens. A user on the Serif forums has, for the last several years, taken to calling me out with the simple "using your phone again, Mike?" Whereupon I often correct my post unless the stupid humor of it all sorta fits the thread.

Edit to add...I don't care for an apology. Then I would need to apologize for being snarky back, then we would all do the group hug thing and I would feel uncomfortable. Heck, David's post simply reminded me to slow down a but. No worries.