Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Adsense widget issues

Hi,

I've been trying to add Adsense widgets to my project but am hitting a brick wall . The issu is that xara uses IE as a browser and Adsense doesn't support this . Is there a way of changing the browser xara uses so I can set up this widget ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Default Re: Google Adsense widget issues

Quote Originally Posted by bazhed View Post
    Hi,
    I've been trying to add Adsense widgets to my project but am hitting a brick wall . The issu is that xara uses IE as a browser and Adsense doesn't support this . Is there a way of changing the browser xara uses so I can set up this widget ?
    Thanks in advance for any help offered
    Xara uses IE for its Preview so click the View in (browser) icons at the top right of the Preview pane.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara uses IE for its Preview so click the View in (browser) icons at the top right of the Preview pane.

Acorn

Thanks for your reply, this doesnt work however. There is no option when setting up the widget to choose what browser you are using.

I understand you are referring to the preview pane where I know you can cary the browser, not the same when setting up widget as far as I can see

It's exactly the same bazhed. It just allows you to test in as many browsers as you have installed on your machine.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Confused. Xara provides 3 AdSense widgets and all seems to function.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi guys appreciate your input but im still having no joy

http://tekhed.tv/files/Capture_9.mp4

is a link to a vid of trying to set up widget, hopefully you can point out what obvious thing I've missed!

Hi guys, here is official answer from Xara plus a workaround

Hi,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you, we've recieved a lot of support requests recently which has slowed down our response time.

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the browser that Xara uses, it must use Internet Explorer. Thank you for reporting the issue regarding adsense, I will have someone in our testing team look into that for you and hopefully we can find a fix. For now, a simple workaround is to go to the adsense page directly(link included below), in your preferred browser and go through creating your ad, then copy the code from the google ad website into a placeholder in Xara. For more information about placeholders see the link below.

https://www.google.com/adsense/start...al_active=none

https://support.xara.com/index.php?/...holder-in-xara

Again, thank you for your patience whilst we got back to you.

Kindest regards
    Customer Support
    Xara Group Ltd

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: JUB-248-75094
    Department: Using a product
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Urgent

Helpdesk: https://support.xara.com/index.php?/Contact

Ah! that makes sense now. Supports advice should make it possible for you to meet your needs. I must admit to rarely using widgets as they date quickly and therefore no longer function as expected always preferring to get the required code from the source. Hope you manage to get it functioning
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've made some progress but keep getting the message ' page cannot display ds as the viewport is not between 320 and 420 pixels wide' I get this message regardless of the width of the webpage or the placeholder.

Is this something you've ever come accross?

TIA

Let me say from the outset Bazhed I don't use Adsense so I'm unable to test/confirm your findings. Any other members who use Adsense care to comment?
    Egg