Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default pop up background becomes invisible if set to "stretch full width"

Can someone please look at the attached file and help.
    I've got a button linked to a pop up layer - that layer consists of a long paragraph of text and a white rectangle to "cover" what is underneath it on the page when the pop us is activated.
    On the page background are also 2 rectangles - 1 grey and 1 blue - that are set to stretch full width.
    So far so good if the white rectangle on the pop up layer is NOT set to stretch to width - the layer pops up on clicking the "read more" button and covers the the other items on the page.
    BUT - I want that white rectangle to stretch to page width to cover the blue and gray rectangles when scrolling down the page - hope this makes sense.
    If I make the white rectangle on the pop up stretch to full with, it becomes "invisible" ad you can see the other items on the page underneath the text.

34 new web test.web

Thanks in advance
    LGF

Default Re: pop up background becomes invisible if set to "stretch full width"

Don't make the layer stretchy.

I see what you are trying to do, but it does not buy you anything. The stretchy background and banner adds a frame around the text which with the white background reads just fine. Which is the reason for the pop up.

Hi LGF. Stretchy object appear BELOW the main page content, so there's no point making it stretchy. Just create a wide rectangle behind the pop-up layer and uncheck Clip to page boundary whatever. I've coloured your white rectangle yellow here. I think this is what your after.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi LGF. Stretchy object appear BELOW the main page content, so there's no point making it stretchy. Just create a wide rectangle behind the pop-up layer and uncheck Clip to page boundary whatever. I've coloured your white rectangle yellow here. I think this is what your after.
    aaahhh - thank you sir! I thought because the pop up layer is above the mouse off layer in the p&lgallery, so the pop up stretchy would be too! It was the uncheck "clip to page edges" that solved it!

PS - ignore the atachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good to hear it's sorted
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host