Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up order of images again....

I started this thread in June - the developers said they have fixed the issue and will release the patch (soon???)
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...art+photo+grid

I've just started another site that is pretty picture intensive and decided to place each pic individually - I get EXACTLY the same problem as I did with the smart photo grids WHEN I CREATE A SECOND VARIANT!
    This really started to P me off, so, to be sure, I opened the Candy floss theme, deleted all the pages except the home page, deleted the column of text on the left and then created 12 numbered boxed to represent images. I then intentionally switched the order of 2 of the pics ( 5&6 and 8&9 - as a client actually would do in real life).
    I then shared those pics to the mobile version - preview the site and the Main site displays the pics in the wrong order (correct numerically) and the mobile version shows the pics in the correct order as they are on the page.
    I cannot believe that I am the only user with this problem - surely other members ave created "portfolio" sites for their clients and have noticed this issue???. And how are Xara not aware of it???
    Sorry for the rant but this is such a basic issue and I have 3 clients who are really pissed off with me/xara....

candyfloss_website.web

Default Re: Pop up order of images again....

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    I started this thread in June - the developers said they have fixed the issue and will release the patch (soon???)
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...art+photo+grid

I've just started another site that is pretty picture intensive and decided to place each pic individually - I get EXACTLY the same problem as I did with the smart photo grids WHEN I CREATE A SECOND VARIANT!
    This really started to P me off, so, to be sure, I opened the Candy floss theme, deleted all the pages except the home page, deleted the column of text on the left and then created 12 numbered boxed to represent images. I then intentionally switched the order of 2 of the pics ( 5&6 and 8&9 - as a client actually would do in real life).
    I then shared those pics to the mobile version - preview the site and the Main site displays the pics in the wrong order (correct numerically) and the mobile version shows the pics in the correct order as they are on the page.
    I cannot believe that I am the only user with this problem - surely other members ave created "portfolio" sites for their clients and have noticed this issue???. And how are Xara not aware of it???
    Sorry for the rant but this is such a basic issue and I have 3 clients who are really pissed off with me/xara....

candyfloss_website.web
    Well, you've no longer got a Smart Photo Grid anywhere so I cannot really help. I recall describing how to fudge the grid's quirks. All I can advise is create two separate grids on the Variants and manage them without Sharing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    That's exactly the point - this is NOT a smart grid problem - it occurs with just putting pics on a page and making them pop ups!!!

Hi Acorn,
    That's exactly the point - this is NOT a smart grid problem - it occurs with just putting pics on a page and making them pop ups!!!
    Totally misunderstood; I'll have another look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think the order of these HS slides is down to there laying in the same layer. To reorder them you need to move there z position up or down, the large image, not the thumbnail, which isn't at all obvious to do using Xara. Not something a client would easily understand at all. It's a highslide issue, not a xara issue.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 18 August 2017 at 07:32 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think the order of these HS slides is down to there laying in the same layer. To reorder them you need to move there z position up or down, the large image, not the thumbnail, which isn't at all obvious to do using Xara. Not something a client would easily understand at all. It's a highslide issue, not a xara issue.
    Hi Egg - I'm not using a slider - they are just images on the mouse off layer with pop-up image selected?....it's fine with only a main site but as soon as you add a mobile variant, then the problem occurs

Hi Egg - I'm not using a slider - they are just images on the mouse off layer with pop-up image selected?....it's fine with only a main site but as soon as you add a mobile variant, then the problem occurs
    I think you are missing what is happening.

Re-ordering the images on the page does not change the display order.
    To swap two images, you need to then go into the Page & Layer gallery and change their stack order to that for which you want the presentation to occur.

I assume you want pic1 through to pic12 to display with pic9 coming before pic8.
    Stack Order from the bottom would need pic9 to be above pic8.

If you switch Variants with Hislider open then the order follows the opening Variant; perhaps this is what you are experiencing/

Perhaps if you tell us what order you want for both, we can juggle them around.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think you are missing what is happening.

Re-ordering the images on the page does not change the display order.
    To swap two images, you need to then go into the Page & Layer gallery and change their stack order to that for which you want the presentation to occur.

I assume you want pic1 through to pic12 to display with pic9 coming before pic8.
    Stack Order from the bottom would need pic9 to be above pic8.

If you switch Variants with Hislider open then the order follows the opening Variant; perhaps this is what you are experiencing/

Perhaps if you tell us what order you want for both, we can juggle them around.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,
    Thanks for the reply.
    OK - I think I've got it. !
    The images in the P&LG reading from the bottom - must be number 1 first with number 12 at the top of the stack.
    So if I add any new pics or change the order, I have to make those changes in the P&LG because XWD adds new pics to the top of the stack.
    Now I understand why there is an issue with Smart Photo Grids - you can't re-arrange the order of the images in the P&LG
    Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Acorn,
    Thanks for the reply.
    OK - I think I've got it. !
    The images in the P&LG reading from the bottom - must be number 1 first with number 12 at the top of the stack.
    So if I add any new pics or change the order, I have to make those changes in the P&LG because XWD adds new pics to the top of the stack.
    Now I understand why there is an issue with Smart Photo Grids - you can't re-arrange the order of the images in the P&LG
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, glad it helped. On the Smart Photo Grid, I did describe the contortions you could go through to make the grid perform properly.

Acorn