Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bond. James Bond.

This thread is about a subject near and dear to my heart. And no, it's not the James Bond Franchise, although I do enjoy those movies (last heard that Sony Pictures has acquired the services of Daniel Craig again for one more Bond film, due out in late 2018). No, this thread is about Secrets, Trade Secrets.

Now, if you have a "swipe file" but not a Trade Secrets File you should get you one quickly. I use a small trunk that has a combination lock on it to store all my Trade Secrets. What? You don't know what a Trade Secret is? Well let me start by saying that I don't have a large number of trade secrets to begin with (I maybe acquire two a year, myself). And I don't put them on display for others to see. It's for my eyes only (James Bond movie pun, intended). Whenever I learn something that I think is VERY IMPORTANT (and is often a short formula but not always short), then I write it on a page and print it out on photo paper and laminate the photo paper (so that the document will last a lifetime) and stash it in my Trade Secret File.

I do have more than one file, though. I have one for marketing secrets and one for graphic design secrets. And I store it in a "Tupperware" type box that stacks together. Then I place the whole thing down into my trunk with the combination lock. And then I put the trunk out of sight but within reach of my desk so I can grab it and pull out what I need in a moments' notice.

I recommend this set up for those who know that information is as valuable as money.

I hope this little thread will have you creating your own Trade Secret File. And if you do, just remember...

Bond told you. James Bond.

Default Re: Bond. James Bond.

But what about backups or is that classified as Top Secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    I do have more than one file, though. I have one for marketing secrets and one for graphic design secrets. And I store it in a "Tupperware" type box that stacks together. Then I place the whole thing down into my trunk with the combination lock. And then I put the trunk out of sight but within reach of my desk so I can grab it and pull out what I need in a moments' notice.
    Just like a magician, always thinking someone's out to steal there secrets.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    But what about backups or is that classified as Top Secret?
    Actually, Boy, if you laminate your secrets you won't need backups. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Just like a magician, always thinking someone's out to steal there secrets.

Ray
    I'm really not afraid of someone stealing my secrets as much as I am of FORGETTING my own secrets (hence the Trade Secret File) but it's really just protection against me getting too much older and forgetting I even had any secrets! LOL!
    "Here I stand at the mailbox
    My face all bright red
    I did not mail you this letter
    I opened it instead."
    That's a quote from a poem and the author's name is...I forgot!