Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default TTEmbedFontFromFile fail

Hi there,

I have decided to give XDP 365 another chance.

Once again I have removed the previous version (11) as the search field on "Insert From Content Catalogue" vanished.
    Then I downloaded and installed Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50861 DL Jul 25 2017 as administrator. My system runs on Windows 7, English verson.

As I have a new project to work with I opened the "Fresh theme" from the Content Catalogue to check out if it was the design I wanted.
    It looks ok, even if the map on the bottom interferes with the top menu, and that I can't move the icons in the contact group as this will corrupt the SmartShape function.
    But - the problem I have is that when I want to preview the page I get the error message:
    TTEmbedFontFromFile failed. Error code: 23.
    I get this message twice and then the page opens in preview.

Is it only me having these problems?
    Do I need to unistall the current version and go back to one of the older versions that worked better?

Have a nice day!

/Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: TTEmbedFontFromFile fail

Then I downloaded and installed Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50861 DL Jul 25 2017 as administrator....
    I'm not 100% sure of this but I believe there are two ways of installing as Administrator Olle. The way to remove most errors is to right click over the Xara launch icon and select "Run as Administrator". I'm not sure if this is the method you're using.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host