Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Color Shift

Default Color Shift

I'm running XARA P & G designer V. 9 and when I print the color/text from left to right fades ever so slightly.
    I have tried different computers, different laser printers, and printing from XARA plus other programs (Windows, Xnview, etc)
    I have changed print qualities (best, medium, glossy, plain, thick) to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Bob

Default Re: Color Shift

Just off hand I would think it to be a printer issue. Just in case: did you perhaps inadvertently apply some transparency or feathering or gradient?

To isolate the potential problem being the Xara application, if you create a PDF is this color fading evident in the PDF? If not, does the PDF print properly?

I've tried printing it on two different Okidata's, two different Brothers, and a Canon with the same result.

Bob

Go with Mike's suggestion. If you're looking from Adobe reader use 100% view to look at the PDF and space bar to move around the page. Going above 175 % zoom can give you lines which are not on the drawing. The other thing I can't remember if P & D has a PDF export filter but I am nearly sure it has.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I'm printing PNG's. I just recently tried to print it out of XARA P & G designer V. 11.
    Still no luck

Bob

Could you post your file here?

Bob, I printed from v9 and also made and printed a PDF, I did not notice any fading but maybe you will. My eyes are not very good anymore,
    So here is my v9 Xar which I am afraid is more of a bitmap.than a text file. Sorry about that.
    test.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.